TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

New Northern California Member

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Spf_970, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Spf_970

Spf_970 Member

Hi all. Happy Holidays!!

Just joined to read and learn more about Tesla as my wife is interested in getting one as her everyday day driver. She currently drives a 2008 BMW 550i which is a great car. My daughter bought a Chevy Volt two years ago which is perfect for her 23 mile commute to work and back. My wife loves the idea of an electric vehicle but I'm more of a sports car guy so there will not be a Volt, Prius, Leaf or any other electric vehicle in my garage other than a Tesla or a BMW i8. The i8 is too sporty and flashy for my wife so we agreed on a Tesla. I'll be reading the various sections and watching the for sale section.

2. nagypite

nagypite Member

3. Spf_970

Spf_970 Member

Great website. Thank you.

4. nagypite

nagypite Member

That site is only 30%-40% of the real inventory, so if you want to buy an inventory car call them... I think this week is a good time to buy (end of quarter and last week of the year)

5. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

If you're not concerned about winter driving with a dual motor car, there are some great deals on P85+ cars that handle much like a BMW M5 ( my other car).

Please post any other questions you may have.

6. Spf_970

Spf_970 Member

Thanks. I don't necessarily need a dual motor car as we live in the Sacramento area where it never snows but I think my list of wishes is a Dual motor car with the tech package and ludicrous mode. My wife could care less about the ludicrous mode but it's the sports car side of me that wants it.

7. Spf_970

Spf_970 Member

Do you know if Tesla will negotiate on the price of the preowned cars? Or are the prices firm.

8. nagypite

nagypite Member

I do not think they will negotiate on the price but maybe it is worth a question...
    here is the tesla cpo site:
    Pre-Owned Model S | Tesla

9. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

There is a NorCal Reno group here on TMC. They also have a website where you can learn more about the club and upcoming events. You don't have to own a Tesla to join - it's a great way to connect with local owners and get to know your local Tesla community.

10. Spf_970

Spf_970 Member

Wow, great to know. Thank you. I own a mechanical engineering firm and have an office and house in Reno in addition to my house and office in Sacramento. I'm in Reno every week. I'll look them up.