Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Nose Option for Older Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone considering this aftermarket retrofit of the front nose from Unplugged Performance? Looks similar to the factory 2016 nose, but they added a little bit of "sport" to it. At $2,500, seems pretty reasonable?

Unplugged Performance | Unplugged Performance Refresh Front Fascia System

2016-Nose.jpg

It's $2500 if you pre-order as an early adopter, otherwise it's $3000. By the time it's painted and installed it could easily total $5000 or $6000. That's too much for this IMHO and I'm not sure about the quality and fit either. No, I'll just stick with what I got which I still love.

Would only consider if my bumper was damaged and need of replacement and this was a comparable price

I like the new front but still like the look of my "classic" S nosecone.

This type of mod reminds me of the aftermarket bumpers for the Dodge Viper to try and make one Gen car look like a different one.

Reactions: Vince Cobelo
My P85D is 18months old and will have depreciated $35,000 , as much as I would like a new one I cant justify the cost. However I can justify 4K for this so I put a deposit down. I guess we will see how much work it is and the quality of it when it gets here.

This isn't an endorsement either way...but its a story that might help those considering the options that I wish was available for me to read BEFORE I took on the challenge. I can tell you this is the way to go...I have to update my post on the other thread, but tried the OEM way, and this is a better choice.

On the surface it seems like a pretty easy swap; its not. Here is the list of parts you need to consider:

- bumper cover ($500)
- lower grills ($270.00 *2 = $540.00)
- lower middle grill (and custom mount for radar if you have an AP car) ($100)
- radiator mount ($375)
- air ducts ($80,00* 2 = $160)
- inner bumper ($380)
- inner plastic trip (inside frunk) ($275)
- grill with "T" (approx $100)
- hood (yes folks - CONFIRMED - the facelift hood is 1' longer end to end) ($600)
- lower bumper cover shroud ($280)
Its about $3,300 (some of those prices are estimates but most are known) and then factor in $2000 for paint and another 15 hours for labor - depending on your shop that could be anywhere from $750 to $1,500.

The OEM way (not supported by Tesla OEM :) ):
parts - $3300.00
labor - $1000.00
paint - $2000.00
Total - $6300.00 (doesn't include tax on parts)

The UP way
parts - $3000.00
shipping - $300.00
paint - $1000.00 (just bumper not hood)
labour $300.00
Total - $4600.00
hassle factor - $priceless

I tried. I failed...but I learned. Hopefully I this helps with those who were wondering!!!

This isn't an endorsement either way...but its a story that might help those considering the options that I wish was available for me to read BEFORE I took on the challenge. I can tell you this is the way to go...I have to update my post on the other thread, but tried the OEM way, and this is a better choice.

On the surface it seems like a pretty easy swap; its not. Here is the list of parts you need to consider:

- bumper cover ($500)
- lower grills ($270.00 *2 = $540.00)
- lower middle grill (and custom mount for radar if you have an AP car) ($100)
- radiator mount ($375)
- air ducts ($80,00* 2 = $160)
- inner bumper ($380)
- inner plastic trip (inside frunk) ($275)
- grill with "T" (approx $100)
- hood (yes folks - CONFIRMED - the facelift hood is 1' longer end to end) ($600)
- lower bumper cover shroud ($280)
Its about $3,300 (some of those prices are estimates but most are known) and then factor in $2000 for paint and another 15 hours for labor - depending on your shop that could be anywhere from $750 to $1,500.

The OEM way (not supported by Tesla OEM :) ):
parts - $3300.00
labor - $1000.00
paint - $2000.00
Total - $6300.00 (doesn't include tax on parts)

The UP way
parts - $3000.00
shipping - $300.00
paint - $1000.00 (just bumper not hood)
labour $300.00
Total - $4600.00
hassle factor - $priceless

I tried. I failed...but I learned. Hopefully I this helps with those who were wondering!!!

Thanks for your post! We tried as well which is what inspired us to create the Refresh Fascia System in the first place

Teslarati also just recently did a write up on the Refresh and gave some insight into the ease of installation

Behind the scenes at Unplugged Performance, a Tesla tuner challenging the status quo

We are in the process of doing local installs at the moment and working through our back order queue. If you placed a pre order and are wondering about order status please feel free to PM me!

I did get your PM, my curiosity is why we haven't seen any folks here post about the install, if you are indeed installing them, I'd be surprised if some of your clients aren't members of this community.

We are in the process of doing local installs at the moment and working through our back order queue. If you placed a pre order and are wondering about order status please feel free to PM me!
When can we expect to see these in Australia? My deposit has been paid for a long time now.

When can we expect to see these in Australia? My deposit has been paid for a long time now.
I am the owner of the Matte Black 2013 Tesla Model S that was recently refreshed. I was one of the first to put my deposit down and speaking to Unplugged Performance, they are filling and shipping orders now.

I can tel you that I absolutely that I love the refresh and the work Unplugged Performance did was amazing. They installed mine and the experience was seamless. They made sure everything went smooth, and did a great job of communicating with me about the process.

Attachments

• TeslaRefresh.jpg
    TeslaRefresh.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 77
  • Informative
Reactions: Canuck
I am the owner of the Matte Black 2013 Tesla Model S that was recently refreshed. I was one of the first to put my deposit down and speaking to Unplugged Performance, they are filling and shipping orders now.

I can tel you that I absolutely that I love the refresh and the work Unplugged Performance did was amazing. They installed mine and the experience was seamless. They made sure everything went smooth, and did a great job of communicating with me about the process.

Looks great, was looking for real life examples. Did you get it painted or just wrap matte?

Any other photos? Love the matte black. And the lighted T, is that the same T that was used on the nosecone? I'd do the exact same mod. Good taste :)