Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New oak interior decor in configurator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Personally, at least from the photos, the oak trim looks cheap. This is not an improvement. I also like the silver trim over the graphite. Glad I bought when I did!

I'm not sure I would have gone with cream if this was the choice I had although I like light colored interiors in general. The oak is too light and doesn't contrast well with the cream. I think I could go either way on the trim color though.

I just got the email from Tesla to let me know that my order had been upgraded! Exciting!

Only to click on the email and find that Upgraded = "we replaced the interior you wanted with the interior we wanted". This has left me feeling pretty flat, since I was very happy with the choice I made at the dealership and I'm not sure I like the new interior at all (especially the graphite). And then to further add insult by trying to pass it off as an upgrade. After committing to spending more money than I ever could have imagined on a car, I feel pretty sour about the experience.

Has anyone got to change the cream interior (either to a different color or add carbon fiber) without the $500 change fee recently?
I don't like the oak wood color change with the cream interior and my OA says that there's no way they can waive the $500 change fee .not what I was expecting from Tesla . I wouldn't have asked for this change in the first place if Tesla hadn't changed the ash wood to oak wood.

If someone got to change it at no cost, please share your experience. I would like to use it to argue my case .my vehicle will probably enter production in the next week or so.
Thanks!

Has anyone got to change the cream interior (either to a different color or add carbon fiber) without the $500 change fee recently?
I don't like the oak wood color change with the cream interior and my OA says that there's no way they can waive the $500 change fee .not what I was expecting from Tesla . I wouldn't have asked for this change in the first place if Tesla hadn't changed the ash wood to oak wood.

If someone got to change it at no cost, please share your experience. I would like to use it to argue my case .my vehicle will probably enter production in the next week or so.
Thanks!
Just tell them you don't like the new graphite trim with oak. Since they didnt give you a choice, tell them you want to change to carbon fiber.

If he says no, ask to speak to his manager.

I called the number listed in the email (888) 518‑3752 regarding my upgrade. After a long hold because they had a high call volume I was able to explain that I had ordered a red MS P100D with cream interior and needed to know what was going to happen to the cream. After another long hold I was told my car was far enough along in the production schedule (my tesla site still shows -your order is confirmed and scheduled for production) that I would get the ash trim, light cream carpet and silver trim. Living in SW Florida I do not want the black interior and would have to go with the carbon fiber trim and add in the spoiler. It was a hard decision when ordering the trim between the cream and white until the sales person showed us a MS with the cream. So will know in a month what really gets put inside my car! Almost like not knowing what the sex of you child will be!

I must be an outlier. I was torn between the cream and white interior. My hesitation with the cream interior was the look of the ashwood and color. I was happpy with the oak update.

FYI. The carpet in the MS with the oak upgrade is still cream.

Attachments

• 20180512_205424.png
    20180512_205424.png
    605.8 KB · Views: 1,588
I must be an outlier. I was torn between the cream and white interior. My hesitation with the cream interior was the look of the ashwood and color. I was happpy with the oak update.

FYI. The carpet in the MS with the oak upgrade is still cream.

I like it, though cream carpet isn’t practical. Kind of a Scandinavian look, I recall that Tesla had hired Volvo's head of interiors so maybe this is the start of that person having an impact.

In case you're interested here is the new cream - tan - graphite combo in my P100D, I have video and pics under different lighting conditions:

Beautiful! This looks like a rift cut. Great combo with the rest of the cream interior! I also like the graphite trim,

However, I'm puzzled that they made the area behind the door grab tan instead of black. Apart from looking a bit out of place, this will not stay nice for very long. Wonder what's the thinking behind this change.

I am also torn between white snd cream, not so crazy about the wood decor in the white the dark ash, as glossy, smudgy and a scratch magnet, also dark. The cream car has the old figured ash wood that is darker then the new one, as it is a demo car.