Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Obligations Required for Install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Called Tesla, mystery solved.

Basically, they told me I needed to move the stuff away from the wall on the side of the garage near my main panel.

So “obligations” meant “move your crap”.

Tim

Perhaps thats just the catch all term they use for "any" action the owner has to take before install (obligations)? I dont know, but am just speculating, that they probably select that as an choice in your account ( the designer), and what those obligations are, are then typed in, etc.

For you, it was "move your stuff" but I suspect that someone else might get the same contact (obligations) and be told something else completely different.

Kind of like when you buy a house, there could be conditions to the loan approval from the underwriter, where they say "loan approved as long as XXXXXXXX" where XXXXXXX could be wildly different for each person, depending on the circumstances.

Just speculating, but based on the feedback here, its likely this is how it works. Thanks for closing the loop on it!

Perhaps thats just the catch all term they use for "any" action the owner has to take before install (obligations)? I dont know, but am just speculating, that they probably select that as an choice in your account ( the designer), and what those obligations are, are then typed in, etc.

For you, it was "move your stuff" but I suspect that someone else might get the same contact (obligations) and be told something else completely different.

That is exactly right. When I called, the Advisor had to pull the notes to see what the issue was. I’m my case, it was clearing the area, but I suspect is could be anything as you suggest. And now that I called, the “obligations” message has cleared.

Tim

That is exactly right. When I called, the Advisor had to pull the notes to see what the issue was. I’m my case, it was clearing the area, but I suspect is could be anything as you suggest. And now that I called, the “obligations” message has cleared.

Tim
A note just to get you to clear your crap, that’s funny lol

• Funny
Reactions: TBrownTX
A note just to get you to clear your crap, that’s funny lol
So which is it? Tesla can't organize a dog fight, or they're laughable if they organized sufficiently to ask the homeowner to prepare access to the job site? I find it perfectly reasonable that Tesla prefers that the homeowner relocate their vehicles before Tesla arrives with their truck(s), or ask that "crap" be cleared before the job starts, etc. It reduces cost.
Tesla's processes clearly need improvement, but let's not denigrate the things they do get right.

So which is it? Tesla can't organize a dog fight, or they're laughable if they organized sufficiently to ask the homeowner to prepare access to the job site? I find it perfectly reasonable that Tesla prefers that the homeowner relocate their vehicles before Tesla arrives with their truck(s), or ask that "crap" be cleared before the job starts, etc. It reduces cost.
Tesla's processes clearly need improvement, but let's not denigrate the things they do get right.
I agree, but to think that this note couldn’t have just been posted as a note with a comment, and required a ~2 day process to get a hold of an advisor JUST to tell you to clear your crap, that’s funny.

Reactions: TBrownTX
I agree, but to think that this note couldn’t have just been posted as a note with a comment, and required a ~2 day process to get a hold of an advisor JUST to tell you to clear your crap, that’s funny.

Yep. I figured there was some serious issue, inspection, or some work to do. Clearing the crap out of the way was the last thing I expected, and they already call that out in the installation preparation video.

Tim