Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Octopus Go tariff and off peak options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Octopus Go is working very nicely for me.View attachment 498611
Me too! I find I rarely use the full four hours, unless I’ve been on a long trip.

Last night mine charged from 61% to 90% in just under three hours.

7B611C8D-A05B-4933-ABC9-56CD7D0FB35D.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: Trevor EV
The numbers you use for Agile look like they are quite old and you are using the wrong usage pattern against Agile as well. If you have Go then you push as much as possible between 00:30 and 04:30 and if you have Agile you avoid 16:00-19:00 and use the best prices for charging.

In the first 9 days of January these would are my figures as an Agile user.

282.977 kWh

Agile cost: £23.75
Go cost: £35.27
Bulb E7 (taken from your spreadsheet) cost: £39.17
(these include standing charge)

It all depends on your total kWh and how much you can move to the cheaper times

I should add that I started with Go and the usage profile I used made Agile ~£15 cheaper over 3 months. The cost of 4-7PM for those 3 months was £38.08 on Go but would have been £67.86 on Agile which affects the overall numbers because the same usage pattern doesn't fit both tariffs
I used the numbers from the Octopus website at the time, and I averaged the whole dataset as it's not realistic to run a full simulation for every day of the year. I assume prices are dependent on things like wind and sun, so would be interested to know how prices can be predicted to the degree where anyone can be confident to say that Agile saved them money. The peak times are also manageable from most points of view, except for the oven which is needed to prepare the evening meal.

I don't have access to my own spreadsheet right now (blocked by my work firewall), but I don't remember anything about a specific usage pattern for Agile? I explained that I put the car charging block against the cheapest times I could find (in the early am).

I'm looking for something that gets near real time (elec) power and (gas & elec) energy data direct from a SMETS2 meter if anyone knows of anything. The only things that I have seem to be SMETS1, but its likely to be fairly standard Zigbee and an open protocol as used for the in home displays. Api data is too coarse. I'm ideally after 5 minute (or better) cumulative consumption and export energy readings.

I'm looking for something that gets near real time (elec) power and (gas & elec) energy data direct from a SMETS2 meter if anyone knows of anything. The only things that I have seem to be SMETS1, but its likely to be fairly standard Zigbee and an open protocol as used for the in home displays. Api data is too coarse. I'm ideally after 5 minute (or better) cumulative consumption and export energy readings.
Hildebrand: Our Products

Makers of the glow stick.

What we want to do is to be able to attached Consumer Access Devices (CAD) to the Home Area Network (HAN) and while the legislation and the various licenses do envisage allowing consumers to do this, there is no detail behind it to cover how this is to be achieved...

If anyone can figure it out I'd guess that would be Octopus so maybe it is time to reach out to the CEO and see if it is on their radar...