Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Official Tesla Model Y trunk storage bins

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the Model Y trunk storage bins are a great idea. I'm waiting for the inevitable less expensive knock off version. I don't need the covers, only interested in the liners to contain spills. I regularly carry gallon containers of water in the bins. If I had a set of liners I would also carry half-gallon containers of milk in the bins.

Got mine today and LOVE them! Great fit, quality build, matches perfectly, and no more worries about leaky milk jugs!!!
Just got my car today (bins were sitting waiting on the car) and the passenger side one doesn't seem to fit nearly as well as the drivers side. It is oriented correctly (I think) but the space almost seems a tinny bit smaller than the bin.

Keith

Somebody upthread recommended putting it in the freezer for an hour to help it contract a smidge.
My bins were slightly too large when they arrived. I put them in the freezer for about 30 minutes, which contracted the material just enough that they fit perfectly.

That one is definitely a tighter fit. Just wiggle and push a bit and it will snap/lock in nice and tight.

I pulled the bin out (front wall slightly bowed when installed) and did the "put it in the freezer" trick while my newest software download was installing, pulled it out of the freezer and it snapped right into place! I will check on it tomorrow after it has warmed up to see if expansion has caused that front wall of the bin to bow inward again.

Thanks so much for the tip guys :)

Keith

I just got these installed today. Great addition, but as someone mentioned, definitely should have come with the car.

Another quick installation tip aside from cooling the right bin to get it in... The left and right pockets are not shaped the same. The difficulty getting the right one in is because there is a lip on the right one you have to get the bin under, and unless you have a lot of light, it's hard to see that its there. Once you get it past that, it pops right in.

• Informative
Reactions: cancoi and sgalla04
Bought these a couple of months ago and they've been sitting in the garage until today. Put them in and they fit perfectly, and it really completes the look and makes the back area more usable now.

Storage-Bins1.jpg

Storage-Bins2.jpg

Storage-Bins3.jpg