Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New open-source and free desktop app available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found it by looking at my cable router administrator page. It shows all devices connected to your network. Even if you're totally computer illiterate, you could type the IP addresses in one at a time to see if you get a response. The addresses are all sets of 3 digit numbers separated by a period (something like 192.162.1.129). You just type that into your web browser (the numbers and periods) instead of an http address...

New I have Tesla Powerwall 2 x2. Does anyone know if there is going to be an desktop app for that. I would love to click at the top of my Mac and quickly be able to see the power flow and get the reading on power consumption.

I would further like if there was an API (Application Programmer Interface), so that things like my home automation system could smartly interface with ti.

Take a look at this project (it's also documented in the Tesla Forums but most of the work has shifted to the Github page):vloschiavo/powerwall2

If you login to the home gateway (note the login is NOT the same as your main Tesla login), all you can see is the status and change your password. You can't control anything or pull/dowload data. The API work done on the github page is people doing exactly that (pulling down data).

How often, and why, does one need to check their car, while at work?
LOL. I wish I did not have to, but some rogue workers at my workplace unplug my vehicle while its charging. Sometimes they unplug to plug their own, but sometimes I have seen it unplugged without a clear reason [ J1772 just unplugged]. If I am at a 110V / 20Amp plug , I have come back to the plug that appears intentionally tripped [ I reduce current to 9 AMP ] which helps share power
so who knows... but people do all sorts of things up here in NE