Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New open-source and free desktop app available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There was a recent change in the codes the API pulls from the car. Some Model S cars are now responding with MDL3 (the model3 code) despite the fact they are 2017-2018 vintage model S cars. This isn't the only one -- Autopilot and other option codes are also now screwed up for some reason. In another thread, it has been reported that Tesla made no change and it isn't their issue, but it certainly appears the raw data coming back is different...

Now; If you made this to work directly with the car (not going through the mothership), you'd have something.

:0 no, that'd be bad actually, it'd mean that the keys to decrypt communications with the car where in the wild which would (literally) open the door to hackers breaking into our cars!

...And that we could make our own software tweaks too so, maybe not _all_ bad :)

Reactions: Togg
There was a recent change in the codes the API pulls from the car. Some Model S cars are now responding with MDL3 (the model3 code) despite the fact they are 2017-2018 vintage model S cars. This isn't the only one -- Autopilot and other option codes are also now screwed up for some reason. In another thread, it has been reported that Tesla made no change and it isn't their issue, but it certainly appears the raw data coming back is different...
Thanks for letting me know. I shall now stop peeping in on my car - waiting for a transformers like moment :eek:)

• Funny
Reactions: bmah
@geraldoramos Kudos for putting this together in your "spare" time! I'm sure tons and tons of hours was spent on this and the only reward you get is personal satisfaction.

How often does your app poll the car? I'm curious to know if it "interrupts" the car "sleeping" and if you have settings in your app to specify how often your app connects to the car.

@geraldoramos Kudos for putting this together in your "spare" time! I'm sure tons and tons of hours was spent on this and the only reward you get is personal satisfaction.

How often does your app poll the car? I'm curious to know if it "interrupts" the car "sleeping" and if you have settings in your app to specify how often your app connects to the car.
I think there has been mention that it polls off tesla servers and hence does not affect the car going to sleep

Reactions: SilverGS
If you go to the IP address on your Powerwall from your network, a page pops up with details about it (similar to the app). I'm at work now and can't access it or I would give you a screenshot.

It has been documented (and I found it) via some forums on Powerwalls. It was not in any documentation I got from Tesla.