TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New Order 5/4/18

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by Jayrod, May 6, 2018.

1. Jayrod

Jayrod Member

Hey everyone, new here and just ordered an X on the 4th.

For starters I am a military guy, this will be replacing two vehicles and be my primary. I did Ob Black with the White interior. My only hold up honestly is thinking maybe I should switch to the MSM because it will be a daily driver and show a little less. I have 1 child but I don't have him full time. I mostly wear a uniform daily or business casual, jeans only on the weekends really.

I do most of my vehicles in a PPF and will likely do the front of this one the same not sure yet. While the X was expensive after doing the math with how much I drive it will save me around 500$ a month.

So just a few questions of all of you:

1. Woud you go with MSM instead of Ob Black for a daily? I like both colors btw.

2. If you say make the switch to MSM, do you think the black interior looks better?

3. I did select the Carbon wheels just for reference.

Thanks for the input and I look forward to the coming X.

2. Jayrod

Jayrod Member

3. bayarea_joe

bayarea_joe Member

If the car will be parked outside most of the time, I would choose MSM. White or Tan interior for the contrast (just my taste).

By the way, thanks for your service.

4. Jayrod

Jayrod Member

It will be garage kept minus when I am at work. So half and half I guess. Yeah I think MSM may be the way to go on this deal as I do put some miles down with travel.

5. pkodali

pkodali Banned

Btw I wouldn't get Sonic carbon and instead have a third party powder coat your wheels

6. Jayrod

Jayrod Member

Thank you for the advice, is it because of quality or price or both?

7. Nilnoc

Nilnoc Member

My 2 month old X 100D is MSM with std black fabric interior and std 20” silver wheels. I like the fabric. My 13 yo Jeep Wrangler has similar, and it still looks new. Bolsters on the Tesla are the Vegan leather and make nice contrast. Fabric seats heat fast w seat heaters. Are cooler in summer....

I considered the sonic carbon wheels. But. Wife really prefers the std silver. And I could not persuade myself to argue the merits of a $2000 paint job on wheels.

So, I advise going w std wheels. You may like them. If not, get them painted a shade of your choosing for under a grand.

8. Nilnoc

Nilnoc Member

BTW, pollen this month is wicked in MD/VA. MSM looks better coated than Black would....

9. pkodali

pkodali Banned

Price. Quality would be about the same, but you could customize powder coating

10. pkodali

pkodali Banned

Price. Quality would be about the same, but you could customize powder coating