Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Order From Michigan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

Just joined the forums and I wanted to share with you that I've finally placed my order for the X!. I wanted to ask if there are any members here from southeast Michigan? What has been you experience with the X? I plan to take delivery of the car early September in Cleveland. Anyone have any experience there, if so how did it go? I plan to use the checklist to go through the car in detail to catch any issues.

Thank for the input!

Welcome! There are plenty of owners here in Michigan. Make sure to join the Michigan Tesla Owners Club group (find a link in the box to the left).

Although it's a little inconvenient to drive to Ohio, the delivery process is far easier than any other car purchase. The volumes of deliveries through Ohio are much lower than in other areas so you still get one on one attention and orientation if you desire. They will give you a free one-way rental car to get there if you ask. After delivery, the combination of rangers and valets make service a breeze.

• Helpful
Reactions: outdoors and mongo
Welcome! There are plenty of owners here in Michigan. Make sure to join the Michigan Tesla Owners Club group (find a link in the box to the left).

Although it's a little inconvenient to drive to Ohio, the delivery process is far easier than any other car purchase. The volumes of deliveries through Ohio are much lower than in other areas so you still get one on one attention and orientation if you desire. They will give you a free one-way rental car to get there if you ask. After delivery, the combination of rangers and valets make service a breeze.

Yes I just joined thank you. I spoke to them about the rental as well and they said they would do it so that's great. Is the rental an ICE car or a Tesla? Just curious.

Ranger program in Michigan is based out of Farmington hills. Zachary schedules most of them for the local area. Try for early morning service appointments if you need a loaner.

Welcome! Enjoy the forums. Much to learn and listen about Tesla. Get ready for that famous Tesla grin:D

I'm not far at all from Farmington hills so that's awesome!

I did have one question.....did you guys purchase any maintenance plans or ESA? I feel like I don't need either one of them given the little maintenance needed and what's required I can handle myself but I wasn't sure being in Michigan how that would work.

If you sign up for the maintenance plan, would they provide a free loaner and take my car down to Ohio? Thanks!!

The rental was an ICE through Enterprise. In our case it was a Cadillac XT5, but it depends what they have available.

The service plan will save you some money in exchange for paying it all up front. While I do recommend having the service done, there's no problem with paying as you go or possibly doing it only every other year. It is a bit pricey. They will provide free transportation and a Tesla loaner any time your car needs to go to the service center. It's not dependent on having a service plan.

Reactions: outdoors
The rental was an ICE through Enterprise. In our case it was a Cadillac XT5, but it depends what they have available.

The service plan will save you some money in exchange for paying it all up front. While I do recommend having the service done, there's no problem with paying as you go or possibly doing it only every other year. It is a bit pricey. They will provide free transportation and a Tesla loaner any time your car needs to go to the service center. It's not dependent on having a service plan.

Sounds good thanks!