Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Order - Is it possible to ask Telsa to wait for new headlights/console?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Placed an order today for LR / white / white / 20's / tow hitch / 5 seater / autopilot and immediately got a VIN (124xxx) with delivery Feb 23 - March 1. Was not expecting it that quickly but do want to better understand which updates this has to determine if I was to delay or not.

The agent immediately looked it up and it's heading to the store for 2/26 delivery, then they'll confirm if it has updated console and headlights, etc and if I want to delay or not. He did say it was built on 2/9.

Let the waiting begin.

Last edited:
I called yesterday to defer my LRAWD order an the representative said that deferment wasn't a problem so long as the order is fulfilled within 3 months. Is the 3 month limit new? I don't remember anyone talk about that before. Regardless, I am just waiting for my car to sell before I can pick up my new one.

yes if you look in the agreement document when you placed the order you will see it does say 3 months

Placed an order today for LR / white / white / 20's / tow hitch / 5 seater / autopilot and immediately got a VIN (124xxx) with delivery Feb 23 - March 1. Was not expecting it that quickly but do want to better understand which updates this has to determine if I was to delay or not.
Right that’s my concern. You may have gotten a VIN quickly d/t existing old inventory although your VIN # I believe is part of the update just based on what I’ve read

The SA did say that a VIN and build date don't necessarily determine what it has until they update the website with new features because of multiple build lines. But who really knows at this point.

Although I am excited to get my first Tesla I have to say this whole process has been frustrating. My husband ordered a M3LR 3 weeks ago and he just got a VIN. Definitely a different experience than going to an actual car dealership and picking out exactly what you want and driving it home. I hope for me and my husband it’s worth all this hassle.....

yes if you look in the agreement document when you placed the order you will see it does say 3 months

So if you fall outside of the 3 months, do you just pay another $100 for another 3 months? Or is your order completely cancelled and you have to start anew at whatever the Model Y is priced at, etc.?

I have been holding off for a heated steering wheel myself. Haven't placed my order and low and behold the price has gone up by 1K on the Y Performance.

So if you fall outside of the 3 months, do you just pay another $100 for another 3 months? Or is your order completely cancelled and you have to start anew at whatever the Model Y is priced at, etc.?

I have been holding off for a heated steering wheel myself. Haven't placed my order and low and behold the price has gone up by 1K on the Y Performance.
As far as I know and from reading the order agreement it looks like they keep the order fee of $100. So you would have to pay that again. Also, earlier in this thread someone said the heated steering wheel has been included in MY since December so that’s already available it sounds like.

I just noticed the agreement did mention 3 months after the first delivery attempt, but why my SA told me the order is good for 6 months? I am confused.

So If I understand correctly if I order my MY today will it have the new headlights heated steering
I dont understand wjat is heepa center consolw is ? can someone expalin thanks
The projector beam headlights are only available in the US on the Performance Model Y.

The heated steering wheel is standard on all new Model Y sold in the US.

The Bioweapon Defense is cabin air filter system to capture smoke, other airborne particles using a large HEPA filter installed in front of the firewall on all new Model Y sold in the US. Bioweapon Defense Mode creates positive cabin pressure to keep out pollutants, can be turned on within the Climate Control system.

Reactions: shakeel
The projector beam headlights are only available in the US on the Performance Model Y.

The heated steering wheel is standard on all new Model Y sold in the US.

The Bioweapon Defense is cabin air filter system to capture smoke, other airborne particles using a large HEPA filter installed in front of the firewall on all new Model Y sold in the US. Bioweapon Defense Mode creates positive cabin pressure to keep out pollutants, can be turned on within the Climate Control system.
Thanks

I called yesterday to defer my LRAWD order an the representative said that deferment wasn't a problem so long as the order is fulfilled within 3 months. Is the 3 month limit new? I don't remember anyone talk about that before. Regardless, I am just waiting for my car to sell before I can pick up my new one.

A small number of people have been abusing the hold. Letting a car ride for a long time to get new features and some at old prices. Tesla is starting to actually enforce its rules.

A small number of people have been abusing the hold. Letting a car ride for a long time to get new features and some at old prices. Tesla is starting to actually enforce its rules.
And I wouldn't count on being able to have 3 months, TBH. Most SA's don't really know what they're talking about, as Tesla's communication with them is about as good as their communication with their customers.... :cool: