Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Order, March Delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bswn1

Feb 13, 2016
CA
Just placed my order, confirms this evening, super excited. Took advantage of the lease deal but was told the car has to be delivered before end of Q1. DS and sales rep both told me they'd spoken to the factory and that the car would be delivered between mid to end of March.

This seems a bit quick given some of the orders I've read about recently (confirmed in January but pushed to April).

Anyone find this to be a bit of an aggressive timeline?

Either way can't wait and nice to meet you all.

I don't think so. If Tesla wants to make a car, they can make a car. Most of the time is lost in transportation which they can accelerate (as they have done in the past).

In December there were several Model S that were right about 3 weeks from order to delivery which is pretty amazing. Of course that was the typical end of quarter push which seems to compress the production schedule to accelerate deliveries.

My order confirmed a week ago and the DS and Sales Rep told me the exact same thing. Delivery in mid March. Considering that we want to take advantage of the lease deal they would want to make that delivery happen. I was also skeptical of the fast delivery times being that some peoples orders (from December) just went into production.

Even right now, if you go to the US market version of the Model S Design Studio page it shows "Late March Delivery" for a car ordered right now (vs. June for the GB market page). This suggests that the start-to-finish process for new orders in the US (or possibly just the West Coast if it's taking my location into its calculation) is six weeks. Of course, the information on the site could be out of date or simply misleading.

Even right now, if you go to the US market version of the Model S Design Studio page it shows "Late March Delivery" for a car ordered right now (vs. June for the GB market page). This suggests that the start-to-finish process for new orders in the US (or possibly just the West Coast if it's taking my location into its calculation) is six weeks. Of course, the information on the site could be out of date or simply misleading.

I ordered a couple of weeks ago (90D). Signed up for lease deal. Was given a late February/early March estimated delivery. Then I decided to finance myself. As soon as I cancelled the lease application, the delivery date moved to late March/early April. Don't know if the change is related to cancelling the lease or just the usual changes that occur. BTW, cancelled the lease when I saw that they lowered the cost of the lease not by decreasing the effective interest rate but by increasing the residual on the car dramatically.

[Model S 90D, Midnight Silver Metallic, tan leather, carbon fiber trim -- on order]

I ordered a couple of weeks ago (90D). Signed up for lease deal. Was given a late February/early March estimated delivery. Then I decided to finance myself. As soon as I cancelled the lease application, the delivery date moved to late March/early April. Don't know if the change is related to cancelling the lease or just the usual changes that occur. BTW, cancelled the lease when I saw that they lowered the cost of the lease not by decreasing the effective interest rate but by increasing the residual on the car dramatically.

[Model S 90D, Midnight Silver Metallic, tan leather, carbon fiber trim -- on order]

Good spec's colors etc, same as mine! I'm doing matching grey wheels (painted by a body shop after taking delivery) but on 19" cyclones!

There's evidence to suggest you're right about this. Interesting how things will happen.