Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New order question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am thinking about putting a deposit down for the Model 3. The new delivery updates state that a new reservation today for a LR battery and RWD will be delivered in 4-6 mo. And the LR w/ AWD would be 6-9 mo. I would prefer AWD but would much rather have the $7500 tax credit. It seems like for a new reservation there is almost no chance for a LR w/ AWD to be delivered before the full tax credit expires(I'm assuming 12/31/2018). So am I reading it correctly that if I place my reservation today for a LR w/ RWD I should receive delivery before 12/31/2018(and get the full $7500 tax credit)? Also, does this version require the Premium pkg? Thanks.

It is looking pretty clear that Tesla will hit 200k cars in July, so the full tax credit will be available until the end of the year. With their stated estimate for ramping up production, I would think you could expect the first production config in that time period. However, as we keep seeing, their estimate are seldom exact. If you give them a $1000 deposit, you can't always get it back if the timing doesn't work out for you.

@rlb4 said. “ The new delivery updates state that a new reservation today for a LR battery and RWD will be delivered in 4-6 mo.”

I really don’t think that it would be realistic to expect a Model 3 reservation made on May 22, 2018 to have a car delivered 4-6 months later. I believe that there are thousands of reservation holders from 2016 & 2017 still waiting.

@rlb4 said. “ The new delivery updates state that a new reservation today for a LR battery and RWD will be delivered in 4-6 mo.”

I really don’t think that it would be realistic to expect a Model 3 reservation made on May 22, 2018 to have a car delivered 4-6 months later. I believe that there are thousands of reservation holders from 2016 & 2017 still waiting.

Why not? Tesla never lies on their estimated delivery schedule.

• Funny
Reactions: piercebot