Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Oregon Superchargers (2018)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Removed Grant's Pass? That one has been pretty busy a couple times I've been there. Like full busy.

I know! I don't see a grey marker like Woodburn or Springfield does.

Looks like Burns will have to wait another year for their Supercharger :). My wife will be happy with the Salem site, she has to be there every month.

I'm a little surprised at the Newport site, since it's so close to Lincoln City. On the other had, more Superchargers, the better.

Link to Tesla Oregon map: Find Us | Tesla

Reactions: ReddyLeaf
Looks like Burns will have to wait another year for their Supercharger :).
I wouldn't be using a smiley face for that. I'm still a little surprised that they are putting in so much redundancy while still leaving two regularly used routes in this area not connected. Highway 20 through Burns and highway 95 to Winnemucca need one each. And with them continuing the trend toward lower and lower onboard AC chargers in the car, it is clear that they want people to rely on Superchargers more than on high amp AC charging along these kinds of routes that are too far for one charge. Well, OK then, but you have to build it, Tesla.

I wouldn't be using a smiley face for that. I'm still a little surprised that they are putting in so much redundancy while still leaving two regularly used routes in this area not connected. Highway 20 through Burns and highway 95 to Winnemucca need one each. And with them continuing the trend toward lower and lower onboard AC chargers in the car, it is clear that they want people to rely on Superchargers more than on high amp AC charging along these kinds of routes that are too far for one charge. Well, OK then, but you have to build it, Tesla.
I would also add, even though it's not in Oregon, Susanville CA, since it would really open up the Reno to Klamath Falls route.

Although Grants Pass is currently a critical supercharging stop and will undoubtedly remain that way given its a nexus for north and south bound traffic on I-5, traffic to/from Crater Lake, and coastal traffic to/from US-101, it’s one of my least favorites places to have to charge. Where do you go other than the Black Bear Diner that’s within walking distance? Plus, it seems to be a cellular coverage hole for at least two of the major carriers.

Roseburg will help provide some options for the I-5 traffic at least and is helpful, but I’m hopeful we’ll see Medford added as a supercharger in the near future to help reduce the demand for and time spent charging at Grants Pass.

Reactions: FutureShock
The updated map shows several new locations in addition to the 2017 map:
4 locations in Portland
Tigard
Salem
Roseburg
Newport
Madras
Hood River
Boardman
Ontario

Hurray for all of these! Super happy to see Portland proper get some supercharging options, and Madras will fill in a gap along one of the most beautiful drives in the country. Hood River is a smart choice as well, especially for those heading to/from Mt Hood, although I will miss charging up at the Tofurky ChargePoint.

I dropped by the Springfield OR Supercharger last week. Six new bollards and a new charging block are up, and landscaping is completed. But when I was there (Nov 19), the power was not turned on yet.
20171119_193229.jpg

20171119_193312.jpg

20171119_193252.jpg

I know! I don't see a grey marker like Woodburn or Springfield does.

Looks like Burns will have to wait another year for their Supercharger :). My wife will be happy with the Salem site, she has to be there every month.

I'm a little surprised at the Newport site, since it's so close to Lincoln City. On the other had, more Superchargers, the better.

Link to Tesla Oregon map: Find Us | Tesla

There aren’t very many along the coast, plus newport will be great because it’s the best way to get on highway 20 from the coast, lots of people will appreciate getting to the coast and immediately having charging.

I just did my first road trip from Seattle to Redding. Return trip via Klamath Falls & Bend. I have to say there are some really crappy Supercharger locations - Grants Pass and Klamath Falls in particular.

Looking forward to Redding & Roseburg and hope they are at a decent location.