TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

New Oregon Superchargers (2018)

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by ilovemycoffee, Sep 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ilovemycoffee

ilovemycoffee MS 85D HW1 Late 2015

The updated map shows several new locations in addition to the 2017 map:

I see:

4 locations in Portland
    Tigard
    Salem
    Roseburg
    Newport
    Madras
    Hood River
    Boardman
    Ontario

Additional chargers at:

Woodburn
    Springfield

Looks like they took off the Grants Pass expansion

(Please correct me if I miss one)

• Informative x 1
  2. RLC3

RLC3 Member

Removed Grant's Pass? That one has been pretty busy a couple times I've been there. Like full busy.

3. ilovemycoffee

I know! I don't see a grey marker like Woodburn or Springfield does.

Looks like Burns will have to wait another year for their Supercharger :). My wife will be happy with the Salem site, she has to be there every month.

I'm a little surprised at the Newport site, since it's so close to Lincoln City. On the other had, more Superchargers, the better.

Link to Tesla Oregon map: Find Us | Tesla

• Like x 1
  4. Rocky_H

Rocky_H Active Member

I wouldn't be using a smiley face for that. I'm still a little surprised that they are putting in so much redundancy while still leaving two regularly used routes in this area not connected. Highway 20 through Burns and highway 95 to Winnemucca need one each. And with them continuing the trend toward lower and lower onboard AC chargers in the car, it is clear that they want people to rely on Superchargers more than on high amp AC charging along these kinds of routes that are too far for one charge. Well, OK then, but you have to build it, Tesla.

5. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

I would also add, even though it's not in Oregon, Susanville CA, since it would really open up the Reno to Klamath Falls route.

• Like x 2
  6. Rocky_H

Rocky_H Active Member

Yep, part of the same large triangular hole.

• Like x 2
  7. pdxrajiv

pdxrajiv Member

I charged twice at Grants Pass this week and noticed utility locator marks all around the pedestals and the chargers enclosure. I presumed this was related to an expansion.

8. ilovemycoffee

Excellent! I hope it was an oversight by map guys at Tesla.

9. Fresh Start Detail

Fresh Start Detail Local Vendor - Northwest

It's cool seeing Tesla's further and further into the bush. Was in Clarkston and Pullman last weekend and counted four, including one Model X.

• Like x 1
  10. Thumper

Thumper Member

Grant's Pass construction definitely under way. Looks like at least 8 bays when finished. I'm there now. Charging 278mph on an old A-series pack. Can't seem to get a photo to load.

• Informative x 2
  11. ecrsail

ecrsail Member

Although Grants Pass is currently a critical supercharging stop and will undoubtedly remain that way given its a nexus for north and south bound traffic on I-5, traffic to/from Crater Lake, and coastal traffic to/from US-101, it’s one of my least favorites places to have to charge. Where do you go other than the Black Bear Diner that’s within walking distance? Plus, it seems to be a cellular coverage hole for at least two of the major carriers.

Roseburg will help provide some options for the I-5 traffic at least and is helpful, but I’m hopeful we’ll see Medford added as a supercharger in the near future to help reduce the demand for and time spent charging at Grants Pass.

12. ecrsail

ecrsail Member

Hurray for all of these! Super happy to see Portland proper get some supercharging options, and Madras will fill in a gap along one of the most beautiful drives in the country. Hood River is a smart choice as well, especially for those heading to/from Mt Hood, although I will miss charging up at the Tofurky ChargePoint.

13. DougH

DougH Active Member

Corvallis needs a supercharger.