Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Orlando, FL - West Sand Lake Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought this sign was limited to California! My hunch that this is a busy supercharger was right.

20181130_093708.jpg

Not suggesting that anyone else do this, but speaking of etiquette, what I do when I am traveling with family and charging someplace, whether it be at a hotel or a place like LegoLand, is I leave an index card on my window with my Google phone number (as opposed to my personal cell phone number) saying that a fellow Tesla driver who needs to charge can simply text me, and I would be happy to move my vehicle just as soon as I have enough juice to get me to the nearest supercharger. Additionally, I periodically check my Tesla app to see my state of charge, because once it has achieved what is needed, I’ll go ahead and move my car out of courtesy.

That's what I do whenever I'm using a destination charger. I don't even bother with a google voice number, I just use my regular cell phone number. I have the "ZERO EMISSIONS" plastic license plate that came with the car with my cell phone number taped in big letters: CONTACT: xxx-yyy-zzzz. I keep it in my glove box and toss it on the dashboard in clear view.

That's what I do whenever I'm using a destination charger. I don't even bother with a google voice number, I just use my regular cell phone number. I have the "ZERO EMISSIONS" plastic license plate that came with the car with my cell phone number taped in big letters: CONTACT: xxx-yyy-zzzz. I keep it in my glove box and toss it on the dashboard in clear view.

I think that’s fantastic, really wish everyone would practice this! Courtesy comes in super handy for folks who are traveling long-distance, or even for people who are local but in a bind for a quick charge.

I think that’s fantastic, really wish everyone would practice this! Courtesy comes in super handy for folks who are traveling long-distance, or even for people who are local but in a bind for a quick charge.

Thanks, but it doesn't always work like I want though. :( One time I was at a destination charger in Newton, NC, where there is one HPWC for public use, 80 amps, even! I really needed a charge, but when I got there, there was another Tesla already parked there charging. So I parked right next to him/her (there's only two parking spots at this location), and left my bug card with my phone number right in plain view in my driver's window-- there's NO WAY they could have missed seeing it. I was hoping they'd try and call or text me when they were done, so I could plug in (I wasn't that far away). I mean there aren't a lot of Teslas in northern rural North Carolina.. I think that by parking next to him/her at a one-plug destination charger it was painfully obvious that I also needed to charge.

But nope, no phone call, no text message. I got back late that night and didn't get any charge. Instead I had to spend two hours going out of my way to the Supercharger in Hickory, so I wasn't stranded and could charge, but it took a lot of time out of my scheduled events that weekend.

I charged at the Sand Lake Rd. WAWA during my trip to Orlando this past weekend. It seemed to be a busy location but nothing like the Altamonte Springs location, which was full on a Sunday afternoon around 5 pm.

At the Sand Lake Rd. location there is a Starbucks and a really good restaurant / winery called Cooper Hawk that is within walking distance. We ate while there and the food was great.

Thanks, but it doesn't always work like I want though. :( One time I was at a destination charger in Newton, NC, where there is one HPWC for public use, 80 amps, even! I really needed a charge...
But nope, no phone call, no text message.

That sucks. What an ass!