TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New Orleans Rouse's Market CHAdeMO

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by TexasEV, May 26, 2015.

1. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

Has anyone charged their Model S with the CHAdeMo at Rouse's Market in New Orleans? The Plugshare comments of it's working, then it's overheating after 10-15 min, now it's working ok really aren't helpful because none of the comments specify if it was charging a Leaf or a Tesla. My concern is the "working" comments come from Leaf owners and the "overheating" comments come from Tesla owners, and we may not be able to depend on it.

2. NOLA_Mike

NOLA_Mike Active Member

I charged my Model S about a month ago for about 45 mins. early one Sunday morning. No problems. 363V 107A

20150419_131129061_iOS.jpg
    20150419_131106834_iOS.jpg

3. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and Coral Gables, FL
    Nissan CHAdeMO chargers are very, very sensitive to cleaning and maintenance. That is well documented in European fora as well as US ones. the solutions usually are cleaning all the filters, as many as five of them, depending on the CHAdeMO version.

In the meantime the conservative approach that I use is charge for ten minutes, recycle and change for another ten minutes, repeat until complete. That is still much faster than a non-fast DC charger.

4. Sosius

Sosius a.k.a. Uptown Frunk

Worked great for me on 6/6/15. Extremely fast.

5. SW2Fiddler

SW2Fiddler Bannd Member

Rouses now has a Tesla Adapter for use by those without their own. Ask staff to borrow; leave them your Fob for security.

Can I call it a Po' Boy's Supercharger?