Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Orleans Rouse's Market CHAdeMO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TexasEV

Jun 5, 2013
Austin, TX
Has anyone charged their Model S with the CHAdeMo at Rouse's Market in New Orleans? The Plugshare comments of it's working, then it's overheating after 10-15 min, now it's working ok really aren't helpful because none of the comments specify if it was charging a Leaf or a Tesla. My concern is the "working" comments come from Leaf owners and the "overheating" comments come from Tesla owners, and we may not be able to depend on it.

Has anyone charged their Model S with the CHAdeMo at Rouse's Market in New Orleans? The Plugshare comments of it's working, then it's overheating after 10-15 min, now it's working ok really aren't helpful because none of the comments specify if it was charging a Leaf or a Tesla. My concern is the "working" comments come from Leaf owners and the "overheating" comments come from Tesla owners, and we may not be able to depend on it.

I charged my Model S about a month ago for about 45 mins. early one Sunday morning. No problems. 363V 107A

20150419_131129061_iOS.jpg

20150419_131106834_iOS.jpg

Nissan CHAdeMO chargers are very, very sensitive to cleaning and maintenance. That is well documented in European fora as well as US ones. the solutions usually are cleaning all the filters, as many as five of them, depending on the CHAdeMO version.

In the meantime the conservative approach that I use is charge for ten minutes, recycle and change for another ten minutes, repeat until complete. That is still much faster than a non-fast DC charger.

Worked great for me on 6/6/15. Extremely fast.