Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Orleans Service and Delivery Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The article describes the facility as a “service and delivery center.” Would a delivery center comport with Louisiana law that gives a monopoly on new car sales to franchised dealerships?
I’m not sure of the exact wording of the law, but I think we would be in the same situation Texas is in. We would pick up the car in New Orleans, but probably would still have to go to the DMV afterwards to pay the taxes.

Screen Shot 2018-07-10 at 1.43.15 PM-1.jpeg
Screen Shot 2018-07-10 at 1.44.18 PM-1.jpeg
Screen Shot 2018-07-10 at 1.43.59 PM-1.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9 and ZAKEEUS
So this service center is really going to happen? Me an my wife are looking at purchasing a Model 3 but the main thing holding us back is not having a service center close by. Picking up the car in Houston wouldn't be too bad but having to go to Houston for service is just out of the question. This is the first I see of a service center in New Orleans (The supercharger location has been coming soon for awhile now). I would think Tesla would be advertising this at least somewhere on their website. But, they have been kinda busy in the last few months so I completely understand.

So this service center is really going to happen? Me an my wife are looking at purchasing a Model 3 but the main thing holding us back is not having a service center close by. Picking up the car in Houston wouldn't be too bad but having to go to Houston for service is just out of the question. This is the first I see of a service center in New Orleans (The supercharger location has been coming soon for awhile now). I would think Tesla would be advertising this at least somewhere on their website. But, they have been kinda busy in the last few months so I completely understand.
They are doing lots of service with mobile rangers, so going to Houston for service isn’t a given.

I have a Model X and 3. The 3 I picked up in Houston (that was optional and I did it for quicker deliver) but all servicing is done by the mobile ranger. My X just had its two years service where they came and took it to a workshop location due to work that needed to be done. Other times they mobile ranger has serviced it at my office location.

I have a Model X and 3. The 3 I picked up in Houston (that was optional and I did it for quicker deliver) but all servicing is done by the mobile ranger. My X just had its two years service where they came and took it to a workshop location due to work that needed to be done. Other times they mobile ranger has serviced it at my office location.

Thats good to hear. I thought the mobile ranger only handled problems and not service visits. We wIll ride by the location the next time we are in the city. It is about an hour from here, but we go to the city a few times a month. Now for a quote on a plug in the garage.....

Reactions: nogajim
I drove by today to check if there is any progress and it appears construction has begun. The building has been painted the Tesla dark grey but no signage. Construction company banner hanging on the fence and dumpster full of construction waste so I presume that they are clearing out the inside.
Drove by yesterday and it doesn't look like much progress has been made. I did see the Tesla grey but didn't see any sinage and it didn't look like any active construction. Granted, it was a saturday afternoon but it looks like it is still a good ways from being completed.

I was in New Orleans this weekend and needed a charge. It never occurred to me that there wasn't a Supercharger anywhere in town. I made an incorrect assumption that a town of that size and mileage proximity to Baton Rouge would certainly have a Supercharger. I guess that's why the Service Center is so eagerly awaited (I assume it will have Superchargers). There are several Destination chargers, but all the ones I called were hotels only for paying guests. The closest Supercharger was in Slidell about 30 miles away. I made a quick run there from downtown to charge up... barely making it with about 9 miles of juice left!

It was in a huge strip mall with anchor stores like Best Buy, Dick's, and dozens of typical strip mall residents like Payless, Pier 1 and PetSmart. Several restaurants available, of which I choose Which 'Wich for a bite while charging.

Anyway, when I got there, a sole Model 3 was charging. Looks like he hard a hard time backing into a spot. :roll:

SlidellSupercharger.jpg

When I returned to my car, the black 3 was gone and there was a white 3. I talked to the white 3 owners (nice guys) before going back to New Orleans.

Reactions: jvmoore1
Tell me about it. I’m moved from AZ and went from having a HPWC at home to nothing. I have to park in public parking with no charging infrastructure so this is my lifeline when needed. I recommend Rouses Market on Baronne where a CHAdeMo is located. If you don’t have an adapter there is one at customer service that you can borrow. It can give you a big enough charge quickly. The Supercharger had an ETA of end of summer but so far not a whiff of it coming soon.

I recommend Rouses Market on Baronne where a CHAdeMo is located. If you don’t have an adapter there is one at customer service that you can borrow. It can give you a big enough charge quickly.
How much is a charge per kWh? Meaning, if you're charging your Model X and the battery is at 50% (45kWh) and you charge to 75% (67.5kWh) for $5, then you paid for 22.5kWh at about $.22 per kWh. Rough numbers are fine. Just trying to get an idea of cost. Never paid for charging.