Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Orleans Supercharger in 2017?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone noticed the new marker for a Supercharger that looks to be right in New Orleans on the 2017 Supercharger map?

Screen Shot 2016-12-30 at 5.19.59 PM.png

Awe man, you killed my hopes NOLA Mike. It would be really convenient for me to have local Supercharger access when I travel back home. Maybe the supercharger will actually come to fruition since it is much easier than a Service Center. But then again, the placement of a supercharger in New Orleans does seem redundant.

Awe man, you killed my hopes NOLA Mike. It would be really convenient for me to have local Supercharger access when I travel back home. Maybe the supercharger will actually come to fruition since it is much easier than a Service Center. But then again, the placement of a supercharger in New Orleans does seem redundant.

Honestly, I think it will happen (Supercharger) eventually (maybe even in 2017). One good thing - a supercharger is allowed but a Service Center is blocked by the Louisiana Auto Dealer Cartel/Mob that has lawmakers in their well lined pockets.

Mike

Reactions: jbcarioca
Honestly, I think it will happen (Supercharger) eventually (maybe even in 2017). One good thing - a supercharger is allowed but a Service Center is blocked by the Louisiana Auto Dealer Cartel/Mob that has lawmakers in their well lined pockets.

Mike
I hate the facts but like the post. MI, TX, LA... these things need wholesale Supreme repudiation if we believe in unfettered interstate commerce and commercial control over ones own products.

Sometime these laws will go away. Soon enough, probably not. This one should be instant for conservatives.

Nothing I have heard. We need one yesterday.

Search for Jobs | Tesla

A while ago they were posting service center jobs. Now only a service technician.

It seems like they want to build the supercharger next to their service center and the service center never gets built.

I'm sure someone can find a supercharger in the middle of nowhere - there are areas with superchargers every 30 miles. New Orleans is a major city.

Last edited:
Can I just say that it's absurd in the year 2020 that BR, Lafy, and Slidell have a supercharger but nola still doesn't...

Actually, there is a good rational for that, which is that they are on the I-12 bypass road. When traveling from CA/Texas -> Florida they will use these roads and not I-10.

What is strange is all the other areas where there are excess superchargers around other major cities. Look at Agusta and Macon, GA, where there are two.

It makes you wonder, what they were thinking.

Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 2.35.58 PM.png

Like everything in New Orleans, we are the last to get it. By the time you realize the inflated cost of land, permits and political red tape along with broken processes, you just end up putting NO on the bottom of the list.