Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Owner - 3 issues; Alignment, Taillight bugs, seatbelt Noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sorry I can't help with all three. But here goes, the seatbelt sound you hear is common and easily fixable by service with clear teflon tape. No idea about the bugs and that's worse than the water you usually find in there.

Pulling to the right. Is this under braking? Because only just three days ago, there was a pulling to the left. Almost took it to service, but then put on my troubleshooting hat. With all the snow and the regen breaking (lack of pushing brake pedal), snow/ice had collected on the rotor on the right causing the brake to be a lot less functional. Ergo pulling to the left because those were the only brakes working. It took a couple hard brakes between prolonged steady braking to break up/melt the blockage.

My 2013 P85 arrived out of alignment and went out of spec after two servicing by Tesla. It took the third try to get it right and they had to align the car in the "low" suspension setting to get it to stick.

I received my P85D at the end of December and it ARRIVED out of alignment.

Long story short: Yes, Model S goes out of alignment very easily so get it checked regularly.

My Model S was also pulling quite noticeably to the right when I got it delivered a year ago. They checked it at the SC, and almost fixed the issue. And I say almost because it still pulls slightly to the right, so I'll have it looked at again when I next take it to the SC.

And with regards to the rubber noise of the seat belt, I also had it, and it was partially solved by the SC, by installing a transparent piece of plastic on the edges of the hole where the belt slides. And I then personally added some regular transparent office tape on the area that wasn't covered by the SC fix, and it's been dead silent ever since :)

UPDATE

Well, I visited the SC. and it took.. a while... but in their defense, my list was long.

I got a S60 loaner, and was... not impressed, the gauge only went up to 240 vs my 320 or so when I mashed the go pedal, but whatever. I'm sure a P85D would put mine to shame...

They put the tape under my seat-belt, and it's a very smooth/slippery tape, and I think that noise is 100% gone :)

They put brand new tail lights on it, so no more bugs in them.

They said they did an alignment, however it's still pulling to the right, although less than it was. (But still pulls!)

They replaced my charger with a brand new one, however it cut down to 30 amps last night... TWICE. (but it's now running around 80 degrees vs the 140 I saw with my old adapter).

So, over all a good experience, but my SC being 2 hours away makes it a pain to go in for this alignment again... ugh.

I did manage to plasti-dip one of my wheels last night. I only have one floor jack, so I can only do one wheel at a time lol...

It looks like one of those cheap civics with expensive wheels on one of the axles.. because I'm rollin' on the installment plan.
IMG_1651.JPG

it's a lot of work, and I managed to drop the damn wheel on it's face, which of course scratched it... ugh. but the plasti dip covered it.

I plan to dip the whole car when it gets warmer out. then when I go to trade it in, peel it all off and show off the like new paint under it.

Last edited:
Hi,

Messaged you, but just incase --

Don't want to take up too much of your time, but I have a question for you.

Currently deciding on a new car and have been waiting forever for Tesla to announce a CPO program.

About to pull the trigger on a new BMW 528i xDrive, but came across this and wanted to see if you could pass along the info on who to speak to at Tesla for a CPO vehicle and/or if you had more info on when the program will be rolled out nationally, etc-- along with the warranty on a CPO or anything else you know.

I see you're going to post the brochure soon, as mentioned on the forum. I don't want to bug you about it, but would be a super-help as I figure out exactly whether or not it's feasible for me to wait for a Model S CPO program (can't afford a new one outright...unfortunately :frown:).

Anyways, any help you can send my way would be superb!

Hi,

Messaged you, but just incase --

Don't want to take up too much of your time, but I have a question for you.

Currently deciding on a new car and have been waiting forever for Tesla to announce a CPO program.

About to pull the trigger on a new BMW 528i xDrive, but came across this and wanted to see if you could pass along the info on who to speak to at Tesla for a CPO vehicle and/or if you had more info on when the program will be rolled out nationally, etc-- along with the warranty on a CPO or anything else you know.

I see you're going to post the brochure soon, as mentioned on the forum. I don't want to bug you about it, but would be a super-help as I figure out exactly whether or not it's feasible for me to wait for a Model S CPO program (can't afford a new one outright...unfortunately :frown:).

Anyways, any help you can send my way would be superb!
He posted the info here: Bought a Certified Pre Owned Model S

Personally, I have been able to get CPO quotes from a location in Ohio, South Florida, and through the Online Sales Team. I ended up deciding that I want an Autopilot car, so I am looking more at the inventory vehicles, but all three reps I spoke to quickly and easily provided me CPO options. At the South Florida store, they had an iMac set up connected to the inventory system and you punched in a few requirements and got a list of vehicles and their specs.

Well, I visited the SC. and it took.. a while... but in their defense, my list was long.

I got a S60 loaner, and was... not impressed, the gauge only went up to 240 vs my 320 or so when I mashed the go pedal, but whatever. I'm sure a P85D would put mine to shame...

They put the tape under my seat-belt, and it's a very smooth/slippery tape, and I think that noise is 100% gone :)

They put brand new tail lights on it, so no more bugs in them.

They said they did an alignment, however it's still pulling to the right, although less than it was. (But still pulls!)

They replaced my charger with a brand new one, however it cut down to 30 amps last night... TWICE. (but it's now running around 80 degrees vs the 140 I saw with my old adapter).

So, over all a good experience, but my SC being 2 hours away makes it a pain to go in for this alignment again... ugh.

I did manage to plasti-dip one of my wheels last night. I only have one floor jack, so I can only do one wheel at a time lol...

It looks like one of those cheap civics with expensive wheels on one of the axles.. because I'm rollin' on the installment plan.

it's a lot of work, and I managed to drop the damn wheel on it's face, which of course scratched it... ugh. but the plasti dip covered it.

I plan to dip the whole car when it gets warmer out. then when I go to trade it in, peel it all off and show off the like new paint under it.

The pull could be due to tires. I had the same thing happen to me with a used BMW, unfortunately stayed that way until I put one new front tires

I was also thinking tires, so maybe I should just wait until I get new ones, then get it aligned again or see if it's fixed... the fronts look fairly worn. I think they were the original rear tires, and they moved them to the fronts before I bought it. So I'll most likely just throw 4 new ones on when they are shot. I don't like the idea of buying just two tires... never have.