TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New owner #690

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by twiersum, Aug 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. twiersum

twiersum Member

I'm a happy new owner of 690. She has been well taken care of and is a great ride. She charged up to 181 and settled to 179. Previous owner lovingly wrapped her beautiful yellow with a nice metallic black. I have been torn about what to do because I love fast cars and fast women.....I decided to peel off a few panels and go bumble bee for a while. I'm just waiting to get my yellow/black door panel.

I'm in love!

Attached Files:

• Like x 3
    • Love x 1
  2. ChadS

ChadS Last tank of gas: March 2009. EV miles: 233,000

Congrats!

It looks quite different than when I owned it...but I am sure it is the same fun car! Enjoy.

3. Roadster

Roadster JdeMO Powered

Congrats as well, @twiersum! FWIW, with so few Brilliant Yellows out there, my vote would be for a full unwrap back to her former glory. BTW, is the hitch still attached?

[​IMG]

• Like x 4
  4. twiersum

twiersum Member

5. Rotarypower

Rotarypower Member

Wow, that is a cool color combo! Never seen a yellow and black roadster, quite unique! Enjoy her, I've seen allot of history of images over the last year where she appeared, she has been very popular within the forum as one of the few yellow Roadsters. That being said, the new facelift looks great!

6. twiersum

twiersum Member

yup, still has hitch. I love the yellow but I like the protection and I figured I'd undress her slowly. I am enjoying the unique flavor of the black/yellow. Eventually she'll be yellow with some black highlights and black wheels.

• Like x 2
  7. twiersum

twiersum Member

a better picture. IMG_20170813_134930_667.jpg

8. Roadster

Roadster JdeMO Powered

Awesome! Cross-posting @ChadS' prior posts here if anyone's curious about what you can do with it.

• Like x 1
  9. Dan43

Dan43 Member

The full yellow version is the one for me, stunning....

• Like x 1
  10. twiersum

twiersum Member

Peeled away a bit more of her clothes

Attached Files:

11. gregd

gregd Active Member

I might just stop right there. Very unique and striking look.

Congrats, and welcome!

• Like x 1
  12. ChadS

@twiersum, do you still have #690?

My wife and I were driving East on I-90 today, just before Ellensburg Washington. I saw a car ahead that I thought might be a Roadster...it was small and looked like Roadster taillights, but there was something wrong with the rear. As we got closer, I realized it was a dark Roadster with some sort of cargo pod. It still didn't dawn on me...until we got along side it and I saw the yellow. It was my old car!

I waved, but my wife was driving quite a bit faster and didn't want to slow down...so that was it. We were in the black Model S that replaced the Roadster (its lease will be up in a couple of weeks).

• Like x 1
  13. twiersum

twiersum Member

Hi Chad,

Saddly she has a new owner. Somehow I rebuilt the battery on the chrome salvage project I got just for fun....then suddenly there were two and I was only driving the chromester.

I'm sure the new owner will see this and laugh. He's on here often.

14. X.l.r.8

X.l.r.8 Supporting Member

Everyone’s traveling quite a bit faster than me. But you were the only tesla I have seen on my travels. 3rd and Main in Ellensburg has a roadster charger that gives a clean 240v 70A charge. That’s so funny you got to see your old car again.

15. ChadS

What timing...I saw it just as it was leaving for Toronto. Sorry we didn't get a chance to chat, but I am glad I at least got to see you and the car.

Tomsax donated that Roadster charger to Ellensburg. The town paid the electric bill for a couple of years, then threatened to rip it out...but Tom is now paying for the electricity too. I had the Roadster at that charger a few times.

• Love x 1
  16. X.l.r.8

E52A8072-D0A2-4D80-A2C5-32F9A6D9F5E4.jpeg

I know everyone has seen the wheels before. But I thought a quick update wouldn’t go amiss

• Like x 1
  17. Roadster

Roadster JdeMO Powered

Nice! More photos of the tow hitch and cooler (and other fitted accessories) pls! ;)

18. X.l.r.8

Decided it’s time to put her back. The wrap was glued along edges so I took it super slow. 8FBFCBBC-0C4E-4738-844B-3B6BAF0DA4B8.jpeg

19. X.l.r.8

5F9C4F1A-532F-4874-8A46-8ACF63E6DC5B.jpeg D6B83A95-3E70-48DD-9263-D8982DF3F6B0.jpeg The front took much longer. But after finding some early pictures I wanted it back to yellow.
    Ggu

• Like x 4
    • Love x 1
  20. X.l.r.8

6575118E-D640-4288-B226-C389316E24EF.jpeg
    It’s hard work and the edges are glued, found a great product to remove the glue so now I can finish the job.

• Like x 1