Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New owner, a few quick questions before requesting service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, picked the car up yesterday from Glasgow and so far, cant really see any issues worthy of note, panel gaps seem ok, USB ports are there and the wireless charging seems to work. There is a scratch on the centre console but I'm not so sure it's worth making a fuss about. Car had 41% and 6 miles on the clock.

So, in no particular order;

• I seem to recall the battery icon on the main display being green when I got the car, it's now grey, was I seeing things or???
  • I have my dash cam set to AUTO and HONK enabled, but it just seems to record all the time and the red dot is always showing, am I missing something here?
  • I've noticed the passenger air vents seem to be open even when there is no passenger in the car. I was sure when I had my test drives, they only blew air when there was someone in the passenger seat. Thoughts?
  • Am I able to set the cruise control to a desired speed and then as per most other cars I've had, it slows down when the car in front slows and then speeds back up when either the road in front is clear or the car in front speeds up, but only to the speed I have it set to, not to follow the car in front or the road's maximum speed? Can't seem to figure this out.
  • I've setup my phone as a key and linked it to my driver profile, as can be seen in the attached image, but what does the unknown key beside it mean?
IMG_2010.JPG

Thanks in advance...

Last edited:
The grey battery, are you in drive?

The camera is always recording yes, that's normal.

For the passenger air vent, this has been a change in the last software update in certain temperatures. The release notes described this as a more consistent cabin temperature.

For cruise control, yep it's in the manual how to use this. You have the option in the cars menu for what you want it to do.

Unknown key is a cosmetic issue, came about in a software update a few months ago. Been reported already.

Reactions: plisken
Upvote 0
The cruise control is different to any other car - not in a good way!

You can set it to engage either at the current speed or at the speed limit, so when you engage CC it either stays at the current speed or accelerates up to the speed limit.

After a while you will probably settle for the first option because the cameras read road signs and set the speed limit on screen to what it detects. As you know in Scotland the maximum speed for HGV's on A roads is 40mph. The car therefore reads only the speed in this sign:
1639156581422.png

as 40mph as the road speed limit for everybody! The A75 from Gretna to Cairnryan, for example, is thought by the car to be 40mph almost all the way.

If you set the speed and come up behind a slower car it will slow down and keep a distance, and will speed up to the the max you have set if it accelerates away. It will also slow at traffic lights to a stop and them move off behind the car in front when it moves off.

Reactions: plisken
Upvote 0