Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Owner. App disappointment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welcome. Sell your car and buy another brand that offers CarPlay/android auto. Nobody here is an engineer with Tesla that I’m aware so you will fall on deaf ears.

But there are many 3rd party gauge clusters that offer phone integration. Hansshow has a bunch.
Thanks. I think. Not going to sell. Love the car. But just thought the Tech on the touchscreen would blow me away more.

If you're a Spotify fan that has never heard of Waze you'll be in heaven. Sadly if you're a CarPlay or Android Auto fan you just have to take that one on the chin. I've looked into the Hannshow screens, and the latest one (9" Linux) is getting there. But they still need to iron some things out before I take the plunge.

If you're a Spotify fan that has never heard of Waze you'll be in heaven. Sadly if you're a CarPlay or Android Auto fan you just have to take that one on the chin. I've looked into the Hannshow screens, and the latest one (9" Linux) is getting there. But they still need to iron some things out before I take the plunge.
Annoyingly I use Amazon music but it’s still connects fine. Will look into this Hannshow screen. I found apps to try and mirror phone to screen but can’t get any of them to work… not sure if it’s a UK thing..

Thanks. I think. Not going to sell. Love the car. But just thought the Tech on the touchscreen would blow me away more.
I don't know of another car that even comes close to Tesla... what more could you possibly expect? You can watch the cameras remotely from your phone, you can play games with a controller, and browse the web on LTE. There is literally no other car on the market with the amount of useful features the Tesla infotainment screen offers.

Things like using a different map system that I have on my phone. Using the screen to manage other apps I have like WhatsApp, Google maps, and generally other apps I have on my phone that I can use on the screen. Not that disappointed but think I expected more flexibility. Maybe the new App Store from Tesla will be good.

I don't know of another car that even comes close to Tesla... what more could you possibly expect? You can watch the cameras remotely from your phone, you can play games with a controller, and browse the web on LTE. There is literally no other car on the market with the amount of useful features the Tesla infotainment screen offers.
I do love the car. And it is a good system. But it could be better 😂

Reactions: ElectricAnt54
Hi. New owner or model Y but disappointed with the number of apps and the fact that I can’t connect my phone and use the apps from my phone.
Get a better phone 🤷‍♂️? I have no trouble with iPhone 13 in my Tesla. I can use all the phone apps and hear output via Bluetooth. I even added apple CarPlay & android auto in to my Tesla via a behind the steering wheel display which also mimics the Tesla model s display on some ways. You can also add apple CarPlay & android auto to the center screen but you need to be a bit technical to pull it off. Cheers.

The 9” hansshow works very well. I did some stirrups in this forum and discuss how to easily deal with the one quirk where callers hear their voice echoed. It can’t be 100% solved since the unit is not tightly integrated in to the Tesla but it’s not that big of a deal.
Supposedly the raspberry pi route doesn’t have the caller lag but I can’t get my hands on a raspberry pi to test with. They are more backordered than a Tesla 🤣

Get a better phone 🤷‍♂️? I have no trouble with iPhone 13 in my Tesla. I can use all the phone apps and hear output via Bluetooth. I even added apple CarPlay & android auto in to my Tesla via a behind the steering wheel display which also mimics the Tesla model s display on some ways. You can also add apple CarPlay & android auto to the center screen but you need to be a bit technical to pull it off. Cheers.
Thanks. I have a iPhone 13 pro. I have apps that can turn car on etc. but can I not see WhatsApp on the Tesla screen, can I not use a different sat nav system. Will look into CarPlay….thanks.

Thanks. I have a iPhone 13 pro. I have apps that can turn car on etc. but can I not see WhatsApp on the Tesla screen, can I not use a different sat nav system. Will look into CarPlay….thanks.
or just get a MagSafe phone holder which attaches behind the screen if you want to easily see your phone. I have one and use it occasionally for that purpose.
I know Siri can read text messages. I wonder if it can read back unread WhatsApp messages. I know there is a CarPlay WhatsApp icon. CarPlay is all about minimizing driver distraction though.
My CarPlay display offers Apple Maps, google maps, Waze, a better route planner .