Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New owner as of 4 hours ago [on dec 15th 2021]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all, I collected my LR today, it needs retro fitting of charger and USB ports, would this affect the Tesla app? I can see the car but when I swipe on the screen to set up phone as key the option goes within a second. Can’t set climate or any other option.

Does the car need to be connected to WiFi first to do this?

Ty in advance

I set my phone up as a key in the Tesla parking lot and there was no wifi. So, from my personal experience you shouldn't need that to set it up. Not sure if you are aware, but you need to have a key card in the spot above the cup holders to be able to set up a new key.

Reactions: David Sowden
I set my phone up as a key in the Tesla parking lot and there was no wifi. So, from my personal experience you shouldn't need that to set it up. Not sure if you are aware, but you need to have a key card in the spot above the cup holders to be able to set up a new key.
All I get

Attachments

• 92EC6985-EE6F-4F5D-AD29-F6C01AAD0ACB.jpeg
    92EC6985-EE6F-4F5D-AD29-F6C01AAD0ACB.jpeg
    84.9 KB · Views: 94
@l1ttlejonboy was your issue resolved?

Going along with what @android04 said, “in Service” to me says the car was placed in service mode while at the delivery center while they prepped the car and someone forgot to reset it. Once we had that happen on our MS after picking up from service. When the car is in service mode the app can’t be used to remotely control the car’s features in any way, so for example you can’t honk the horn and scare the crap out of the guy working on it. Meant as a safety feature for the service team while working on it. I haven’t seen the app screen with so few items on it (no Controls, Climate, Security for example) as both of our cars were fully set up for us with our phones as keys before we left the delivery center.

Congrats on the new car and hope your car has been fully retro fitted by now (guessing due to parts shortage?) and your Tesla app is fully functioning now. How’s driving the car?

Last edited: