Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New owner awaiting Model X

Hello everyone, Sean here from Montreal. I have been waiting for a longtime to buy my first Tesla. I was done with final lease Audi SQ5 2019. I tried the model 3 for the first time last summer, my son has one so I had the time to try out for more than a week. I fell in love, it was over... my Audi came in second.

I finally put a deposit on a '17 MX D100. 58...kilo the D is mint. Went for a test drive and I found the break when used, had a mushy feel to it.. as if I had to floor it to gt it to stop. That will be a major point of our conversation with the dealer selling it.

Thanks to you guys, and girls, I read about the brakes having a problem and the repair $$ attached.

Also I read up on the new screen/software update MCU2, these are things I need to be aware of.

would you have any other fast track information for me? all recommendation are welcome. Much appreciated

sean

HI @seanrmz,welcome to the forum! I’m a new member as well and I’m also waiting on my 2017 MX. It should be here this week!! Did you buy directly from Tesla or from a car dealer?

hello and thanks for the warm welcome, I bought it from a used car dealer. I will be getting the MX inspected in case. I felt the breaks a bit weak.. I should be getting her this week too.. cant wait
sean

Reactions: Baxterdown
would you have any other fast track information for me? all recommendation are welcome. Much appreciated
sean
hello from Nevada. Yes, my recommendation is that if you have a wife, tell her to stay away from you till the car arrives. :)
I can just imagine the stress of waiting. We wouldn't want you to kill her in a fit of rage when they call you and tell you there is a delay :eek: :D
Congrats

• Funny
Reactions: Baxterdown

jboy210

Supporting Member
Dec 2, 2016
Northern California
thanks Jb, I will mention this to the dealer, I want an inspection first.
An inspection is a good idea.

The brakes might need to have the fluid changed and bleed. Brake fluid is hygroscopic, that is it absorbes water over time, so it is never a bad idea to change the brake fluid. Tesla used to have brake fluid replacement on the scheduled list of items for maintenance every few years, so perhaps it is time.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC