Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Owner - CCS question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone

I've had my facelift 2016 Model S 75D for a week now - pick below. First Tesla and EV. Love the car, handling, interior and of course the acceleration but weirdly it's the regen braking that I really love.

Question is this: When I picked up my car the guy at the SC said to get hold of a CCS converter and not bother with the CHAdeMO but I'm struggling to find such a thing. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

IMG_2424.jpeg

Cheers
Gavin

You have to order it from a service center. Unless it has already been done they have to install a retrofit to your car for it to work. It used to be available in the online store but i don't think it is anymore.

It's a trip to the SC and involves removal of the rear bench seat and some alterations to the charging equipment that's housed there. You are also given an adaptor that's a fraction of the size and weight of the CHAdeMO adaptor. I think it's about £450 for the whole job.

CCS is certainly the way to go rather than CHAdeMO.

Reactions: Roy W.
It's a trip to the SC and involves removal of the rear bench seat and some alterations to the charging equipment that's housed there. You are also given an adaptor that's a fraction of the size and weight of the CHAdeMO adaptor. I think it's about £450 for the whole job.

CCS is certainly the way to go rather than CHAdeMO.
Lot more work than I thought but sounds like it is worth it.

Reactions: *Adam