Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New owner confused can’t see NOA…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi - I apologise if this is a stupid question as I’ve only had my Model 3 for a few days (2020 performance in UK).

The additional info for the car says it has Full Self-Driving Computer (photo attached) but even though I’ve followed all the instructions I can’t see any option anywhere to enable NOA. Am I missing something basic? I haven’t got car added on app yet as still waiting for ownership transfer to complete.

Thanks for any advice for a novice.

Attachments

• 0A2484DF-558C-4AD6-9E2C-F9B197C6BA58.jpeg
    0A2484DF-558C-4AD6-9E2C-F9B197C6BA58.jpeg
    228.9 KB · Views: 884
  • 10132ED7-FC09-4947-AE01-8F9645ECE14D.jpeg
    10132ED7-FC09-4947-AE01-8F9645ECE14D.jpeg
    260.5 KB · Views: 76
Your car has basic Autopilot, which is just TACC and Autosteer, no NoA or anything else. The Full Self Driving Computer just means you have the HW3 processor, like all other Teslas since early 2019. If the seller led you to believe the car had either Enhanced Autopilot or the FSD option, you need to work that out with them.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Ok - thanks, it was my fault for assuming to be honest. When you see that on the screen, it is easy to assume it has it enabled if you don’t know the cars well enough. I guess it’s available as an upgrade if I was desperate? But not sure if I am as still getting to grips with the basics!

You can see the available upgrades in the Upgrades section of the mobile app. If you decide you want NoA and the other driver assistance features you don’t have, you can either purchase Enhanced Autopilot ($6k in the US) or subscribe to FSD for $200/month. You could also purchase the FSD option for $15k, but it doesn’t make sense to do that with the current implementation.

Reactions: kpanda17
The EAP option basically lets one drive around the landscape on limited access highways. It'll also let the car change lanes for you on these kinds of roads, which is handy since it does a better job of keeping your blind spot clear than you do.

Thanks for the replies - if it’s available as an option, I might try it for a month to see if it’s worth £200 a month but would have to offer a lot to be worth that!

Just need to improve my own driving now as the steering feels really twitchy on motorways but I think I’m just used to my previous BMW 335 which felt sluggish in comparison!!

Thanks for the replies - if it’s available as an option, I might try it for a month to see if it’s worth £200 a month but would have to offer a lot to be worth that!

Subscription is not available in UK and EAP vs FSD is pretty much identical apart from one feature (stopping at certain junctions) but that doesn’t work very well (ie doesn’t stop where it should or may try and stop on a motorway). Pretty much only thing EAP gives you is manually initiated auto lane change on motorways and very limited sections of dual carriageway A roads and then only reliable in certain traffic conditions.

tl;dr take a look at UK sub forum section re posts of peoples EAP and FSD experiences. It’s very different to many other countries such as US.

Reactions: SidetrackedSue