Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

new owner FSD questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,
I picked up my MYP monday and its a dream! my questions are about FSD. I have FSD and my car does not at all act like the You tube videos of the car driving all over the city and stuff with flawless effort. my car on sharp curves will go into the other lane and then thinks that lane is okay. It will stop at lights but not drive again after it turns green. It can not take curve roads and turns off all AP and Fsd. My question: no laughing lol. Does the car learn as it drives? Will my fsd and Ap get better? also it stops really late at stop signs and red lights and one time the red light turned green and it hauled ass on a turn lol. I feel like i am in Christine sometimes haha.

...does not at all act like the You tube videos...
You might see the FSD beta on Youtube which is released to only a few. Most of us since 2016 do not have that version but rather the public FSD version although they are all in "beta" but FSD beta is considered a specific name for the limited release.

If you see surrounding car icons that look like cars on your instrument cluster then you have the public version.

If you see surrounding car icons that do not look like cars but like rectangular cubes on your instrument cluster then you have the limited release FSD beta version.

...of the car driving all over the city and stuff with flawless effort. my car on sharp curves will go into the other lane and then thinks that lane is okay.
Please don't trust your beta programs. You will learn its strength and weakness but you still need to make sure you are in control at all times.

...Does the car learn as it drives?...
In theory yes.
...Will my fsd and Ap get better?...
Definitely. I got it since 2017 and it keeps getting better (although not enough as you cited your incidences above).
...I feel like i am in Christine sometimes haha.
True. You'll learn how to work with it soon.

Reactions: Dvs76
You might see the FSD beta on Youtube which is released to only a few. Most of us since 2016 do not have that version but rather the public FSD version although they are all in "beta" but FSD beta is considered a specific name for the limited release.

If you see surrounding car icons that look like cars on your instrument cluster then you have the public version.

If you see surrounding car icons that do not look like cars but like rectangular cubes on your instrument cluster then you have the limited release FSD beta version.

Please don't trust your beta programs. You will learn its strength and weakness but you still need to make sure you are in control at all times.

In theory yes.

Definitely. I got it since 2017 and it keeps getting better (although not enough as you cited your incidences above).

True. You'll learn how to work with it soon.
Thanks for taking the time to reply to all my n00b questions! yes the videos are of fsd beta in cali. that clears things up. trust me i am always 110% alert i just wanted to to learn it all better but it kind of scares me now. I have not tried it on interstate driving yet. i rarely go on the interstate. we will be driving cross country july 14th though as a road trip from WI to CO.

Post pics and videos of this stuff happening.

Here's a pic of AP taking a sharp turn while following a car. It stays in its lane and follows without any issue.
AP_on_sharp_turns.jpg

Hi everyone,
I picked up my MYP monday and its a dream! my questions are about FSD. I have FSD and my car does not at all act like the You tube videos of the car driving all over the city and stuff with flawless effort. my car on sharp curves will go into the other lane and then thinks that lane is okay. It will stop at lights but not drive again after it turns green. It can not take curve roads and turns off all AP and Fsd. My question: no laughing lol. Does the car learn as it drives? Will my fsd and Ap get better? also it stops really late at stop signs and red lights and one time the red light turned green and it hauled ass on a turn lol. I feel like i am in Christine sometimes haha.