Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

new owner here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I get that error message if the amps are to high, if it defaulted to 16amps on 120v. But it maybe because both times the voltage was something like 102v which was probably marginal for the car. The other time I forgot to swap out my breaker for the 60 Amp one after I finished rewiring the garage and charging at 40A on a 40A breaker was causing that fault screen you have.

Congrats! Looks great. VIN 407 in California says hello!

Regarding VINs, sequencing for US and EU both started counting at 1, but earlier digits in the VIN define the car's market (US, EU, RHD, etc.) Sounds like the service center was just typing the last 5 or 6 digits, which is what they do for Model S/X/3. Typing the full VIN into their system should identify your car and exclude #176 in Europe.

Enjoy the car!

Sorry for late response by me, but your response is super helpful, thank you. Clarifies quite a few things.

Hey, Puzzle. I live in Arvada, about 20 minutes from Boulder. I have an MC240 that you can borrow if you have a NEMA 14-50 outlet handy. And if I can figure out how to redeem my referrals to get a Model S wall charger, I'll sell you my Roadster High Power Wall charger. I'd rather use the Model S charger & the CAN Sr, so when my wife gets her X we can balance the load between the two chargers.

Does anyone know how to make the Tesla App work if you ONLY have a Roadster? Tesla says I need to look in my "loot box" on the app, but the app won't let me in saying "Sign-In Failed. There are no products linked to your Tesla account." On the website, I can see my referral waiting.

Did you get a 240v charger yet, if not I would look into the open evse chargers with a J1772 connector. They safely charge to 40A not 32A and seem to work very well. I used a dead 40A roadster UMC to build mine but feel now I should have gone with a J1772 connector. They have sales on periodically for 20% off making the wifi version the same cost as the standard.

Thanks for all your responses. My car is super fun!! Yes, the hard top has been off since I could move around after knee surgery. I ripped around in it all day today with two kids to two soccer games.

I HAVE TWO MAJOR QUESTIONS

The first is, my electrician newly wired my garage for 220 for my wife's new Cayenne hybrid, and another 220 line for me to use. So I need a charging solution for my Roadster. Nothing came with the car, except the 110 and another short cable I don't know how to use. Any advice? Right now I'm exclusively 110.

How many amps are the 220V circuits?

How many amps are the 220V circuits?
Depends on the installation, which mostly depends on what sort of plug is being fed. A 14-50 (recommended) is usually 50 amps. 14-30 (often used for electric clothes dryers) is 30 amps. Check the circuit breaker in the electric panel to know for sure.

If you're looking to have something installed, the recommendation is a 50 amp circuit (for a net of 40 amps delivered to the car). Start there, and see what your electrician can do with the circuits you currently have in the house. It may be less, if things are already close to full.

BTW, in the US, it's usually 240v for residential power.

Depends on the installation, which mostly depends on what sort of plug is being fed. A 14-50 (recommended) is usually 50 amps. 14-30 (often used for electric clothes dryers) is 30 amps. Check the circuit breaker in the electric panel to know for sure.

If you're looking to have something installed, the recommendation is a 50 amp circuit (for a net of 40 amps delivered to the car). Start there, and see what your electrician can do with the circuits you currently have in the house. It may be less, if things are already close to full.

BTW, in the US, it's usually 240v for residential power.

I was actually asking puzzle (the OP) how many amps the "220" circuits his electrician installed were so that I could answer his question(s).