TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New owner in Montgomery County, MD! Looking for recommendations...

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by cybrown, Jun 24, 2013.

1. cybrown

cybrown Member

I finalized my order for an S85 with all the options (except jump seats) this weekend. I am ridiculously excited. This is about 3x more than I've ever spent on a car, but after our test drive my wife and I can't get rid of the Tesla grin. Now begins the agonizing wait for delivery.

In the meantime, I thought I'd try to get some recommendations for XPEL Ultimate installers in Maryland. I know there was a thread a while back to try to get a group together for a group rate, but I don't see what ever came of it. Does anyone have any recommendations and expected price?

Also, who's the closest MS owner to me? I'm in Olney and I need to know what my ambassador radius is!

2. Curt

Curt Roadster Signature #55

Welcome to the family, cybrown!

I may be your closest neighboring ambassador. I'm in Rockville, but I own a Roadster, rather than a Model S.

3. kendallpb

kendallpb Model S: P 8061

Heh. Welcome to the club! I know nothing about XPEL stuff, sorry, but I'm happy to see another Montgomery county owner. :)

See the reservation map, mentioned over in this thread. There's one in Rockville, one in Wheaton-Glenmont, and I'm in the Kemp Mill area. There may be others closer to you.

4. achaar

achaar Member

Hey cybrown! Mine is scheduled for delivery on Saturday! Can't wait. A friend of mine got his car covered from a place in the airpark. I will get the info and let you know. Maybe we can work out a deal for both of us.

5. slr_pwrd

slr_pwrd Member

I had my car tinted by Driven Dynamics in Rockville, just 5 minutes from Service Center. I believe Gilbert also does XPEL. A few Tesla owners have done their works at his place.

6. Ven Rala

Ven Rala Member

I'm in chevy chase. I have used Driven Dynamics for tinting (though not on my Model S yet) and they did a good job. I believe they use 3M only. Gilbert had quoted me $599 for the entire front ( but only partial hood). Which I also have not done yet.

7. johnyoung1234

johnyoung1234 Member

I'm in Silver Spring! I've had my Model S Performance for about a week and am always looking for an excuse to drive around in it!

8. kendallpb

kendallpb Model S: P 8061

Silver Spring, represent! ;-) Congrats on the new Model S.

Kendall, also in Silver Spring (near Wheaton)