Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New owner - New 2023 related questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All!!

Wife and I just picked up our M3 RW - it's a 2023 model, so after getting the basics down I tried to go about adding some additional lightshow entries.

1. Our 2023 has USB-C ports in the front storage - I don't recall that before, so I had a USB 2 to USB-C adapter for a formatted USB exFAT key I made
LightShow did not show "Custom" as everyones direction said - we have the latest software on the car

2. I tried them in the glovebox standard USB port - still no "custom" shows up for lightshow

3. the side cameras, which are the new Hardware 4.0 versions - have a sepia tone color to them, is that normal

Hopefully these weren't stupid newbie questions - I searched the forums here for some semblance of someone having asked these before and what answers might be there but nothing so far

Hello All!!

Wife and I just picked up our M3 RW - it's a 2023 model, so after getting the basics down I tried to go about adding some additional lightshow entries.

1. Our 2023 has USB-C ports in the front storage - I don't recall that before, so I had a USB 2 to USB-C adapter for a formatted USB exFAT key I made
LightShow did not show "Custom" as everyones direction said - we have the latest software on the car

2. I tried them in the glovebox standard USB port - still no "custom" shows up for lightshow

3. the side cameras, which are the new Hardware 4.0 versions - have a sepia tone color to them, is that normal

Hopefully these weren't stupid newbie questions - I searched the forums here for some semblance of someone having asked these before and what answers might be there but nothing so far

If you just picked up the car, its probably not actually on the latest software version, just the latest one from the factory.

The only port that functions as USB data on a 2023 is the one in the glovebox. The rest of them are power only, no data (in or out).

If you just picked up the car, its probably not actually on the latest software version, just the latest one from the factory.

The only port that functions as USB data on a 2023 is the one in the glovebox. The rest of them are power only, no data (in or out).
ok - thank you - so essentially ensure there is a root folder named LightShow and two files inside? does the "custom" choice show in the Lightshow card with the blue button or after you press the blue button?

ok - thank you - so essentially ensure there is a root folder named LightShow and two files inside? does the "custom" choice show in the Lightshow card with the blue button or after you press the blue button?

I havent tried any of the lightshow stuff as my model 3 is a 2018 (thus no matrix lights) and I dont care enough about it personally to try it on my wifes 2022 Model Y.

We do have a few threads about lightshow here on TMC though I am not sure they will answer your light show question(s).

Here is one you can take a look at:

I just know that the only port that has USB data is the one in the glove compartment on your vehicle, as they removed USB data from the console. it only provides power, no data (in the console).

Reactions: TBrownTX