TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

New Owner of Used 2015 Model S in North Texas

Discussion in 'Texas' started by michaeljpham, Oct 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. michaeljpham

michaeljpham New Member

Hello All,

I recently purchased a used 2015 Model S 85d and live in Lewisville, TX. I wanted to introduce myself and see if there were and local MS owners out there. I drove the car all the way back from The Woodlands, TX and found myself in a pickle. I had to drive to the Huntsville supercharger and then to Corsicana to make it home. I could have charged at my other property since I have an RV hookup, but the previous owner did not leave the NEMA 14-50. I purchased one online off ebay, but will not be receiving it until next week. Any local owners willing to let me borrow the adapter for a week. I have another long drive back this weekend and I want to be able to charge at my other property. Or is there an option of purchasing a 14-30 at the service center so I can stop by an RV park? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

2. BerTX

BerTX Active Member

I'm not close to you so can't help with the loaner adapter. I hope that whatever you bought on eBay is what you needed.

While the NEMA 14-30 adapter might be a good thing to have, it will NOT help you in an RV park. The outlet referred to as "30 amp" in an RV park us a TT-30 plug, which supplies 30 amps of 120V power, enough to charge your car at a whopping 9 miles per hour of charging. NEMA 14-30 ia a 240V outlet used mostly for clothes dryers.

• Informative x 1
  3. michaeljpham

michaeljpham New Member

Okay thanks for the heads up @BerTX . Saved me some money! Have a good day!

4. arcus

arcus Member

Welcome! Are you aware of PlugShare app? It helps to find other types of public chargers nearby. Also, on your navigation in the car you can display desitnation chargers (not just superchargers).

• Like x 1
  5. bollar

bollar Disgruntled Member

There are many North Texas members here. I sent you an invitation to the group on TMC. We also have several hundred on our Facebook page and you can get all of our social media links from our website in my signature.

6. JasJ

JasJ Member

• Helpful x 1
  7. EVS Motors

EVS Motors Vendor

8. BerTX

BerTX Active Member