Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New owner: Pearl White P85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone. This is my first post as an official Tesla Model S owner.
As of June 20th, we have made our first-ever electric car purchase. Long story short, my wife and I were exploring adding an electric car to our relatively young fleet of cars for in-town commuting in the Bay Area. Over a period of two months, we learned about the market -- and about the step-level difference between the Tesla experience and everybody else (i3, Leaf, e500, Kia, etc). Then we drove a P85D. Game over. :scared:
We switched the plan to selling one of our cars (my low-mileage Audi S6 sedan) and targeting ordering either a 70D or 85D. My car sold within 12 hours of listing (could have sold 5 of them) to a very super nice guy who drove from out-of-state to get it. I received a call from my Tesla sales exec (while I was at the bank closing the sale of my car) when he dropped the bomb that a zero-mileage White P85D was just released as a marketing vehicle with the exact configuration we would have ordered. Sure, it was more than a 70D, an 85D, but it was a much better deal than ordering a new one.... and I could go get it right then and there...and it was exactly what we wanted.
Truth is that the earlier P85D test drive got the best of of me, and I put the deposit on it immediately. :smile:
The car is a Pearl White P85D, with Black Next-Generation Seats (front AND rear - lucky to find a new one with rear NG seats!), Pano, 21 inch bright wheels, coil suspension, winter package, 3rd row seats, auto-pilot HW, and the good sound system. I had the car full-front wrapped in XPEL and then had OCDetail do a Opticoat Pro on the entire car -- going to keep this one for a while. It just glows.
Adam Hinze was my sales rep. He found this car and moved faster than anyone else to give the option to grab it. I am grateful to him and the overall Tesla experience. The car is absolutely amazing, and we have already taken it on two same-day road-trips to North San Francisco and to Gilroy. Miles pile up... it just feels different from any other car we have ever had. We had our first super-charger experience just yesterday returning from my SFO trip -- the car does makes us feel giddy.
I am looking forward to networking with you guys as I learn more about the car, the community, the experience.

TeslaIntroOne.jpg
TeslaIntroTwo.jpg

Is that first picture in front of the Silver Creek Valley Country Club?

Greetings from Henderson, NV!

We got here in 2003, got our MS in 2013....54k miles......solar on the house,and couldn't be happier. Welcome to the "Club"!! Ours is Pearl White also.

OK, I know I'm just being thick here, because I didn't get enough sleep last night. But what do they mean by "marketing vehicle," with 0 miles?

I'm thinking that that's for like test drives for customers, and such. But then why would they then not use it and instead put it directly for sale?

As I said, not enough sleep, brain not worky.

Oh, and nice car. :biggrin:

Last edited: