Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Owner: Questions re Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a new Model 3 owner, and I live in a state without a service center. A little heads up as to what I should expect if I have an issue that cannot be repaired via wifi. I am two and a half hours from a service center if there is not much traffic in Atlanta.

All input is appreciated.

I think this may depend somewhat on you and your tolerance. Things are going to break on any car, and thankfully Tesla has less parts to break. But they are also still infants and maybe not as refined in their production and QA processes as some others.

I may have been lucky, but I am also a little easier going than some others. I do not notice a lot of things until I read about them on forum and actually look for issues :) My only SC visit to this point in about 15 months of ownership was for the HW3 upgrade.

If you see yourself going to the SC a lot for things like minor paint blemishes, rattles or vibrations, you may want to rethink being that far away. If things like that do not bother you much, you should be good except for the rare total failures that any car can have.

I am almost five hours away from the nearest SC. When my car failed to charge, they sent a flatbed within hours to pick it up followed by ten days to repair and then returned the car via flatbed. They provided a rental car free of charge for the ten day period. Inconvenient, but not really and issue for us. Since then mobile service has visited twice to fix known issues with early build cars. These repair visits were initiated by Tesla, not issues I discovered. The mobile service tech was outstanding--we talked at length and I learned a lot about the car and what I can do on my own to help keep it healthy. Don't worry, Tesla will take care of you.

• Love
Reactions: Joshan