Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Owner Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It use to be that settings wouldn't auto save but had to be saved manually

I have only noticed that (recently ... and "that I can remember" :rolleyes:) after seat adjustments. Other things show "Saved" popup message momentarily without any interaction.

I suppose could "adjust seat a bit" in order to manually have the option to press SAVE in case that does a better save.

But this seems to be "it was set correctly" and then something "reset it". When the graphic equaliser was changes from 2-sliders to 5-sliders a similar thing happened. Everyone rave about the improvement ... and then everyone discovered that when you selected PARK it forgot the settings ... at least that was consistently broken, until fixed.

This can be a little flakey sometimes but its better than having to remember to turn it on and off at set times!

TeslaFi Schedule includes an action for Sentry Enable/Disable, at optional specific location, at specific time / day of week. I haven't used it, so no idea if it too is flakey or not :)

Just a thought, but around v10, the way things were saved got changed. Don't know what firmware you have, but it seems to be a bit of a mix and match at present.

It use to be that settings wouldn't auto save but had to be saved manually. iirc there was a save profile setting under your name at top of screen. May be worth giving that a check out if you have not already done so.

I'm pleased to say that the problem seems to have gone away (although I have said that before) since performing the factory reset. Prior to that I did investigate the save to profile option after setting Dome Lights to AUTO but the save button was inactive.

Worth removing any USB devices when doing a reset. USB has been known to prevent some systems resetting normally - black rear camera being the classic where sentry apparently failed to relinquish the camera in a timely manner.

I did make sure that USB devices were disconnected (especially the drive I use for Sentry Mode/Dashcam), can't remember if I read that somewhere or it's just what I do as a matter of course whenever I perform PC rebuilds.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record I think I've now worked out the circumstances of when the dome lights setting on my car change from AUTO to OFF and I wondered if anyone else could see if the same thing happens to them so I can raise it as a bug.

So...
  1. Set the dome lights (interior lights) to auto
    - to test thoroughly I guess you could get in and out of the car several times to make sure the setting remains on auto
  2. Open the entertainment screen and then either Netflix or YouTube
    - if your interior lights were on when you did this, you may find them go off as soon as either is opened

3. Close the entertainment view and check dome light settings
    - without fail, mine always get reset to off
Thank you :)

Thanks everyone. Great advice and I think you covered it all.

I never thought to look up for the hazard lights!! I am now itching to press the SOS button to see what happens - its like being told don't press the red button! Yes I could look this up in the manual but it is more exciting to think that an emergency rescue helicopter will swoop in within 5 minutes of the button press to help.......;)
I pressed it while inspecting the cAr over for defects post delivery.
You have a couple of seconds to cancel apparently ( the voice says to press something on the screen to cancel. Mine was completely black and could not press anything!!!!).
Was seriously panicking and then the operator form 999 picked up and I told them sorry I dialled by mistake from the car. Apologies and they cut off the call. The End.

:oops::oops::oops:

At the risk of sounding like a broken record I think I've now worked out the circumstances of when the dome lights setting on my car change from AUTO to OFF and I wondered if anyone else could see if the same thing happens to them so I can raise it as a bug.

So...
  1. Set the dome lights (interior lights) to auto
    - to test thoroughly I guess you could get in and out of the car several times to make sure the setting remains on auto
  2. Open the entertainment screen and then either Netflix or YouTube
    - if your interior lights were on when you did this, you may find them go off as soon as either is opened

3. Close the entertainment view and check dome light settings
    - without fail, mine always get reset to off
Thank you :)

Now there's a coincidence! During our once per week shopping outing yesterday I sat in the supermarket car park watching youtube. I had occasion to go out to the car in the evening when dark ... and the dome lights didn't come on ... I checked the settings and they were set to "off" ... I changed them back to auto and thought nothing more of it until I read your post! I had assumed that perhaps they had reset at the last software update but maybe there could be an odd link to using entertainment.

Ehm... I can disprove the behaviour lol...

new owner too and lights are set to auto and they just come on when needed lol.
They turn off while watching Netflix but then turn back on..

Hmm... that's interesting - presuming you have set Dome Lights to auto prior and that setting doesn't change after initiating any of the theatre mode apps?

Out of interest, what software version are you running? I'm on 2020.8.1

Hmm... that's interesting - presuming you have set Dome Lights to auto prior and that setting doesn't change after initiating any of the theatre mode apps?

Out of interest, what software version are you running? I'm on 2020.8.1
Yes I did the interior light settings as soon as I’ve received the car..

I’m running on 2020.4.2 and no updates available showing..

My interior lights are bright, much brighter than I was expecting them to be. I’d bought a set of replacements from AO but I don’t know if I can be bothered to change them now.

Is it conceivable Tesla have upgraded them on MY20 cars or is it likely that AO ones are going to be even brighter?

(I’ll see about getting a photo later)