Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Owner Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At the risk of sounding like a broken record I think I've now worked out the circumstances of when the dome lights setting on my car change from AUTO to OFF and I wondered if anyone else could see if the same thing happens to them so I can raise it as a bug.

So...
  1. Set the dome lights (interior lights) to auto
    - to test thoroughly I guess you could get in and out of the car several times to make sure the setting remains on auto
  2. Open the entertainment screen and then either Netflix or YouTube
    - if your interior lights were on when you did this, you may find them go off as soon as either is opened

3. Close the entertainment view and check dome light settings
    - without fail, mine always get reset to off
Thank you :)

I ended up emailing the bug to one of the Tesla email addresses and they passed it on to the relevant department. I got a call a couple of hours later from an engineer who confirmed that this is a known firmware bug. He forced update 2020.8.2 to me on the off-chance that might fix it, but it hasn't.

At least I know it's a known issue, will just have to wait for a fix and, in the meantime, manually switch my dome (interior lights) back to auto after watching Netflix or YouTube o_O.

Anybody know why unlocking the car with a key fob doesn’t also unlock the charge port? I open the charge port with key fob and then unlock the car By double clicking but can’t insert the charge cable unless I open the rear passenger side door. I’m Having to do this each time?