Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New owner questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally placed my order for a red M3P yesterday. I was unable to order a stealth which I wanted due to the Chicago winters not mixing well with the 20 wheel/tire combos. I plan on ordering some Tsportline 18’s soon and am not sure if I’ll keep the 20’s or sell them. No biggie but the car would end up costing an extra $2500 or so with me getting the new wheels/tires if I don’t sell. What can you do right? My question to any experts out there is I am hearing the new cars are coming with a USB C port I believe for the wireless pad they now include. I was going to get a SSD for sentry mode. Do I need to get some type of splitter off the USB C port or would the drive hook up to the other usb plug? I would like to also have a flash drive with music plugged in so I was thinking of one of the splitters like the Taptes or Jedda hubs but concerned with the USB C not being compatible with these.

Any advise on things stated above or things I may have missed but should do before the car arrives would really be appreciated!

These are interesting questions. I have not seen how the wireless charger is connected yet. My old USB A and wired charging is a relic now..

As someone from michigan, very close to Chicago weather wise with a little extra snow, I would recommend getting winter tires on your other set and swap them with your 20” wheels seasonally. It does cost extra, but AWD with snow tires is lots of fun in the winter.

Finally placed my order for a red M3P yesterday. I was unable to order a stealth which I wanted due to the Chicago winters not mixing well with the 20 wheel/tire combos. I plan on ordering some Tsportline 18’s soon and am not sure if I’ll keep the 20’s or sell them. No biggie but the car would end up costing an extra $2500 or so with me getting the new wheels/tires if I don’t sell. What can you do right? My question to any experts out there is I am hearing the new cars are coming with a USB C port I believe for the wireless pad they now include. I was going to get a SSD for sentry mode. Do I need to get some type of splitter off the USB C port or would the drive hook up to the other usb plug? I would like to also have a flash drive with music plugged in so I was thinking of one of the splitters like the Taptes or Jedda hubs but concerned with the USB C not being compatible with these.

Any advise on things stated above or things I may have missed but should do before the car arrives would really be appreciated!

IIRC the newest builds come with a wireless charger and 1 USB-C and 1 USB-A port in the front

If you want the cleanest/simplest thing (no need for an SSD) you can get one of the 2nd gen NAVAK splitters... gives you an SDcard slot for dashcam, and two USB-A data ports (one 0.5 amps, one 1.5 amps) you could use for a music USB key, and whatever else you want the 2nd port for (game controller, a wired phone charger, etc...)