Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New owner, styling thoughts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I have finally taken the leap and just placed an order for a new red model 3 sr+! Have always loved the idea of an EV, but for some reason I have always found the model 3 to be a bit lacking in styling/street appealšŸ˜.

I wanted to ask the forum thoughts on exterior mods, e.g. front spoiler, rear spoiler, side Skirts, wheel covers? Any experience with them? Would it look tacky to put a low profile spoiler on a sr+?

I really just do not like the aero wheels, has anyone used or know how to source orbital or other covers?

I also would appreciate any recommendations for ppf/ceramic coating in the brisbane area!

Any exterior mods will almost certainly impact range. Per FuelEconomy.gov the 2021 SR+ is the most efficient vehicle ever rated. I'd say it's perfect as is, but that's just my engineer brain's perspective of beauty.

That said, the wheels look pretty good I think after pulling the aero covers off.

Welcome to the EV world. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Reactions: rpiotro
I can't speak to aftermarket appearance modifications but I initially (defined as when it was first released) wasn't too thrilled about the styling of the Model 3. Especially the Aero wheels (or more specifically, the Aero wheel covers). However it has grown on me over time, enough so that I am content to leave the vehicle as is. Perhaps you may want to hold off on modifications until you've had it for a few months?

It sounds as if you're aware of this but I'll mention it in the event you are not: You can remove the Aero wheel covers if you dislike them. But, as mentioned, range will be reduced.

You may want to take a look at the 'Driving Dynamics' or the 'Exterior' pages on this forum.
So many suggestions and tests to be found there.

Its not tacky because your car is faster than many out there, no shame in making it look fast.

If you're looking for efficiency + looks I'd go with the Unplugged Performance Front Lip and either lowering springs or coilovers (depending on budget)
both of these mods will improve efficiency and looks.
Another improvement could be lightweight wheels but I think the OEM+Aero covers will be the most efficient.

An extreme approach could be weight reduction which you can also find on the UP website.