Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New owner Tesla 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Read through the owner's manual to familiarize yourself with the car and learns things about it you didn't know. It's easier to read the PDF version of the manual than the one in the car: https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_3_owners_manual_north_america_en.pdf. This link is for the North America edition of the manual, you might have a different one -- check your Tesla web account for a link.

Look at some of the videos on the Tesla Support site.

Enjoy your new ride!

Reactions: Shelburne
Just bought a model 3 long range, was looking at the Hyundai Ionic also but chose this, any advice appreciated, always drove crap cars previous.
You’ll love it, once you get used to it.

Use charge % rather than mile, get on a cheap overnight electric tariff and plan longer journeys around charging. Use A Better Route Planner (ABRP) and Zap Map for finding and planning charging.

The UK sub-forum is great for general advice.

You’ll love it, once you get used to it.

Use charge % rather than mile, get on a cheap overnight electric tariff and plan longer journeys around charging. Use A Better Route Planner (ABRP) and Zap Map for finding and planning charging.

The UK sub-forum is great for general advice.
Percent is some people's preference for sure, but I still strongly prefer miles. But I also am a decently conservative driver so I actually get very close to the rated Wh/mi so the miles are decently accurate for me. If you like to have a lot of fun all the time, probably less useful :)

Carry an air compressor.
If you get a flat, pump it up and drive to a tire shop.
Do not call Tesla roadside assistance if you can avoid it.

Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 10.13.16 AM.png