Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New owner Title Registration problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello.

Can someone please help?

My TEMP TAGS of my M3 are EXPIRING this THURSDAY on 04/06/2023

I WON'T BE ABLE TO DRIVE THE CAR TO WORK.

I have been trying to follow up on this for the past 2 weeks with Columbus, OH Tesla which is leading no where.

I checked with State of Ohio title and they don't have my information.

I checked with my lender. They don't have the Title.

I have been told EVERY DAY that the rep who handles the title work is not in.

I have also been told that there is not one single person that handles the Title paperwork.

I have also asked If I can pick the title up, with no answer to that.

I have asked for their manager. No response.

They gave me a UPS tracking number that shows that the UPS label was created but the package hasn't been received.

I need to receive my paper work to get my license plates to go to work.

This is so frustrating experience. Car drives great but don't feel like having another one.

You should be able to get an extension on the TEMP TAG at the dmv, unless it was issued out of state.

It usually takes Tesla 14 days to UPS your REG docs. Your lender wont have them.

If you have a tracking number, then the docs should be picked up within 1-2 days. I would update the tracking to give you an email alert when the package status changes.

I got a txt from Tesla Columbus, OH that The UPS label previously created was made in error. We expect to have your packet sent out in the next day or so.
Not sure why I have to go thru this delay. It's affecting my mental peace, work and daily activities.

Does anyone know if there is any way to get plates forwarded to us? In less than a week we are leaving AZ where the car was bought (5 weeks ago) & is registered. We'll have the car in WA for 6-8 weeks and need to get the plates sent to us there if they don't arrive before we leave. Temp license expires before the end of this month.... So far responses from Tesla have been useless. Pretty much we're working as fast as we can but we're really busy.