Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Owner (To Me) 2015 P90DL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m not sure as I always turn climate on when leaving the car in the heat. Not a lot beats returning to an icy cold car on a hot day.
For memory that era of car has some serious fan noise when the aircon is working hard though.

I don't mind that concept but it's nearing 9pm at night and The Car is parked outside my window. I'm heading to bed soon at the Fan whine is annoying as all buggery.

I've turned the Climate up to 24 Degrees to see if that delays/stops it starting again. Hopefully it's all just because I can't control the car yet.

This car is regularly firing up the fans every hour or so outside... I can't enable/disable any Cabin Overheat Protection I assume because I'm not associated with the car yet.
Cabin Overheat Protection is controlled through the in-car menus. I believe it only kicks in above 40 degrees (inside the car temperature).

If the car is charging it might be running the fans for the battery temperature control?

Cabin Overheat Protection is controlled through the in-car menus. I believe it only kicks in above 40 degrees (inside the car temperature).

If the car is charging it might be running the fans for the battery temperature control?

Cafz:
Car isn't charging at all currently. Fans seemed to have stopped now Sun has gone down thankfully.
Interestingly the Cabin Overheat is "greyed-out" in my selection.

On the supercharging front, I have seen reference to the fact that Tesla do switch off free supercharging when a car goes through their hands as a used vehicle, so pretty sure that will be the case here. I have also seen that they do allow supercharging on a 'credit' basis, (hence showing the cost when you charge - where FUSC applies no cost is shown) until the car appears on your app. I believe some sort of limit applies ($100?) at which point they 'switch off' supercharging until a payment method is set up. Ultimately they will still collect from you whatever credit cost has accrued.