Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just bought a 2015 S70D. SAS, AP, FUSC, and Premium Interior. Car has 74k miles, no damage history and I paid $35.8k +TTL. Before I went to look at it I was convinced that there must have been something wrong with it given the price, but it's darn near perfect (for a 4yo used car). I jumped on it really quick. I think the pricing was pretty good even with the mileage.

I came really close to buying a '16 P90DL, but the 70D car was just over half the price. I had full spousal approval to buy the DL, but I could tell she wasn't thrilled about spending 70k on a car.

Anyway, glad to be here.

To achieve the most enjoyment from your ms, try to install a L2 home charger. A Wall Connector delivering about 39 mi/hr is best but pricey. Alternatively, consider a NEMA 14-50 receptacle for your UMC delivering about 29 mi/hr. I've used this charging method for 2+ years and very satisfied with it, but you must leave the UMC plugged-in. Home charging helps you manage range anxiety, the greatest challenge of most new owners.

I just bought a 2015 S70D. SAS, AP, FUSC, and Premium Interior. Car has 74k miles, no damage history and I paid $35.8k +TTL. Before I went to look at it I was convinced that there must have been something wrong with it given the price, but it's darn near perfect (for a 4yo used car). I jumped on it really quick. I think the pricing was pretty good even with the mileage.

I came really close to buying a '16 P90DL, but the 70D car was just over half the price. I had full spousal approval to buy the DL, but I could tell she wasn't thrilled about spending 70k on a car.

Anyway, glad to be here.

From Tesla or third party? Warranty?

To achieve the most enjoyment from your ms, try to install a L2 home charger. A Wall Connector delivering about 39 mi/hr is best but pricey. Alternatively, consider a NEMA 14-50 receptacle for your UMC delivering about 29 mi/hr. I've used this charging method for 2+ years and very satisfied with it, but you must leave the UMC plugged-in. Home charging helps you manage range anxiety, the greatest challenge of most new owners.

I spent the first week charging using my J1772 16a clipper creek charger. I was only getting like 11mph, but that was ok for my standard days. I've since installed a second 14-50 (first one outside for my son's c-max energi) and am getting ~30mph. This is plenty for me on a daily basis.

One weird thing I am seeing though. I've charged at a supercharger twice now. Both at the same place and I think the same stall. I've pulled in about 50-60% charge and I'm only getting like 36KW for 124mph, neither time was shared. Also some of the digits are missing on the main screen sometimes. Instead of saying 124mph it says 12. But then sometimes it will say the whole number. I did quickly try a different stall (shared) and only saw about 31kw. You can see the missing numbers in the photo. The screen works fine otherwise.

Attachments

• IMG_20190917_210240.jpg
    IMG_20190917_210240.jpg
    450.5 KB · Views: 94
FYI, I bought a facelifted P90DL recently. I love the car. It's at Tesla getting some minor things done and they gave me a 70D as a loaner, nosecone. The car is equally beautiful(minus the 21's, which I prefer aesthetically), has most of the options I have, so from my driving perspective, it's virtually the same. It is missing the air suspension, however, I can honestly say, I don't mind the standard suspension at all.

Back to my point, I really like the 70D. It still drives great. It's got plenty of power for someone that drives aggressive, like me. Great value.

I spent the first week charging using my J1772 16a clipper creek charger. I was only getting like 11mph, but that was ok for my standard days. I've since installed a second 14-50 (first one outside for my son's c-max energi) and am getting ~30mph. This is plenty for me on a daily basis.

One weird thing I am seeing though. I've charged at a supercharger twice now. Both at the same place and I think the same stall. I've pulled in about 50-60% charge and I'm only getting like 36KW for 124mph, neither time was shared. Also some of the digits are missing on the main screen sometimes. Instead of saying 124mph it says 12. But then sometimes it will say the whole number. I did quickly try a different stall (shared) and only saw about 31kw. You can see the missing numbers in the photo. The screen works fine otherwise.

That is a bug with software. I have seen it and so many have others. Sometimes a reboot works and fixes it. That is the onboard Flash showing signs of wear and tear. Tesla's retarded method of constantly writing and writing ontop of the flash is abusing the crap out of the life or rated read/writes of the flash. That is a sign of that.

I just purchased a 2016 MS P90DL+ with 21K miles. Having it shipped to me from San Diego but it's a great looking car from the pictures and looking forward to my new tesla ownership. Still trying to decided which way to go with charging at home.

2016 Tesla Model S P90D.jpg

Anyway, glad to be here.
Welcome aboard!

For new owners with a 240-volt dryer outlet nearby, you can plug your mobile charger cable into that. Tesla can supply the correct adapter. I'm in a rental house. The owner refused to allow me to put in a Tesla home charger, so I use the dryer outlet instead. It's slower than the Tesla charger (24 amps) but good enough for what I need.

Reactions: simplego