Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New owner!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm new to this forum and so happy to see other Tesla owners sharing their experiences. I'm the new happy owner of a 2021 Midnight Blue Model Y Long Range. It will actually be 2 weeks tomorrow. Took 80 days from order to delivery. Happy I added the Induction rims as I'm not super concerned with maxing out the range. As my first EV, I must say that I am very happy with my decision. I really love the regenerative braking. I may now only use the brakes once when I drop off my son at school. Truly impressed with this vehicle. It's faster than my 2014 Mustang GT (sold in 2019), and does it smoother with an eerie silence.
Looking forward to learning more on this forum!

Attachments

• IMG_8326.jpg
    IMG_8326.jpg
    903.7 KB · Views: 73
I'm new to this forum and so happy to see other Tesla owners sharing their experiences. I'm the new happy owner of a 2021 Midnight Blue Model Y Long Range. It will actually be 2 weeks tomorrow. Took 80 days from order to delivery. Happy I added the Induction rims as I'm not super concerned with maxing out the range. As my first EV, I must say that I am very happy with my decision. I really love the regenerative braking. I may now only use the brakes once when I drop off my son at school. Truly impressed with this vehicle. It's faster than my 2014 Mustang GT (sold in 2019), and does it smoother with an eerie silence.
Just watch those wheels. They like to find curbs! Ask me how I know haha

Reactions: sentinoboca
I know man. I already had a slight encounter with a curb this morning. It’s very minimal, but I’ll have to be extra careful with these.
I had one fixed and then curbed another a month later. Gave up and went aftermarket/summer tires. Rim place is picking up my old induction tomorrow and repairing it. I’m going to run 265/40/20 as it adds enough side wall to protect those wheels. Planning on running winter only tires. I just can’t go thru another curb lol. $150 every time to fix.

Congrats and welcome!

You'll be saving a lot of money by skipping the gas station no matter what effiency you're getting. Enjoy your car as it's really fun and not only something that gets you from point A to point B.

Try the Acceleration Boost, if you haven't already. ;) I've always had fast cars and I knew I was getting a Tesla after just getting in an one and pushing the accelerator.

Reactions: sentinoboca
Congrats and welcome!

You'll be saving a lot of money by skipping the gas station no matter what effiency you're getting. Enjoy your car as it's really fun and not only something that gets you from point A to point B.

Try the Acceleration Boost, if you haven't already. ;) I've always had fast cars and I knew I was getting a Tesla after just getting in an one and pushing the accelerator.
Thanks! Do you mean the Acceleration Boost for $2000? I may add that download later. So cool that it's available. I assume it's just a software download? I used to have a 2014 Mustang GT 5.0, and this Model Y is faster! Amazing. I can only imagine with the boost upgrade!

Last edited: