Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New owners, any issues with side-view mirrors?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same problem. Picked my MS up 12/3. I've got an appointment in a couple of weeks. I'll try some of the suggestions.

Are you guy physically pushed the mirror out or just using the buttons to reset? I'm reluctant to manhandle the mirror mechanism. Right now I see about 1/2 the car in the driver's side mirror. Normally I set it to just beyond the point where I see the car in the mirror.

Took delivery on 2/17 and had absolutely no issues at all. Until this morning when the temperature in Chicago dropped to 23F. The mirror auto tilt worked but not the auto fold. I am hoping its just due to the cold and it will be back to as it was working once the temperature goes up later today or tomorrow.

Some pre-march or April mirror assemblies had issues. New ones have a number of improvements including higher torque. Apparently some old ones worked ok, while others need replacement. A good indicator of a weak mirror is if it folds/unfolds slower than the other one.