Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Owners - Neutral is different for Car Washes!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a local car wash I always go to and they know me. I pull it up, put it in neutral, pay inside and then drive it out other end of the tunnel. No worries.

Now? New owner and new workers at the car wash. Ughhhhh. I have to train a whole new set of workers. :) I did have the new owner into my S and showed him how easy it is if you know what you are doing. Next time I went, guy just had me sit in the vehicle and I didn't bother to correct him.
Car washes are not supposed to be this complicated :rolleyes:

The Model 3 w/o an update (Car Wash Mode) will not allow the car to be pulled thru the wash w/o someone in the seat. Lots of car washes expect to send the car thru empty so you will be banned from those washes until something changes.

Fortunately, we have one of those drive-thru touchless washes ($6) in Alameda that is perfect for my new Model 3 (and my old New Volvo).

-Randy
Hi Randy,

Which one in Alameda do you use? I was considering using the one by Nob Hill Foods but was curious if you had any experience with your M3 in there?

I have NOT tested this myself yet. But I read somewhere (could have been here possibly) that if you are not using creep mode, you can just leave iti in drive. It will pull you through without issue as when stopped in drive WITHOUT hold on, is free rolling (if you ever stopped on a hill and didnt put on hold you already know this).

I have NOT tested this myself yet. But I read somewhere (could have been here possibly) that if you are not using creep mode, you can just leave iti in drive. It will pull you through without issue as when stopped in drive WITHOUT hold on, is free rolling (if you ever stopped on a hill and didnt put on hold you already know this).
Yes you can. I've done it. I beeps and yells at you because of all the brushes wands, etc., but it'll roll through just fine in drive as long as creep is off.

Reactions: israndy and Joshan