Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Owner's Workshop. Is it worth the time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Elliott 151

Stealth Performance AWD FSD White on Black, 18"
Nov 7, 2019
Los Altos, CA
I was invited to join a new owner's workshop at their Fremont delivery center near the factory. Anybody have any feedback on this? If it's a repeat from what I already know from doing 2 test drives, reading the manual and watching countless YouTube videos, then I'll pass. Here is the schedule including what looks like a pitch for their home energy system. Let me know, Thanks ...see below
Event Itinerary:

7:00 PM – Check-in

7:15 PM – Presentation

7:30 PM – Break Out Sessions

Account Completion

Vehicle Orientation

Auto Park/Summon

Tesla Energy

8:45 PM – Q & A

Believe the purpose of these workshops is to answer lots of the questions that may come up on the day of delivery. Get them out of the way so the delivery process goes quicker and smoothly.

Tesla has a huge rush of deliveries to make before EOY. Taking Q&A care of now, when they are less busy, will allow more people to get their cars before the deadline of the remaining tax credits.

Many Model X buyers will want to get delivery before EOY to take their business deductions this year, instead of it rolling over to 2021.

Gonna be crazy, right up to the New Year.

Reactions: Elliott 151
I thought I saw someone mention he attended one and was able to pick up the charging adapter he needed. Who knows if all locations would have accessory parts but that would be nice for newbies instead of ordering online. There's also the specific type of phone cable for the USB connection you might looking into if they have that available. I believe the phones will charge faster using the cable to one of the USB front slots than using a wireless charger.

My report on the event. I was surprised to see a huge crowd of people there. I arrived at the 7 PM start time and there was a line out the door with about 200 people, and I estimated there were another 200 inside already. Due to the overwhelming turn out, they stopped letting people in and made us wait outside for about 20 minutes. When we finally were let in, the first station was check-in where they confirmed that all info needed was there. Those who needed more information were directed to workers at computers who helped them get their profiles up-to-date. The presentation was surprisingly basic with questions that indicated to me that many car buyers had possibly not even done a test drive. In the car area they demonstrated auto park and summon. All in all, I could’ve not attended and been fine. I did learn that my car would possibly be ready by the second week of December, but the guy was very careful to emphasize that it was only an estimate.