Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New P-MX (5K miles) is very bouncy and unstable at highway speeds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did not find other posts with similar experience and hence starting a new thread.. have a 2019 Performance MX, with 22` wheel and has the new Raven suspension.. since purchase i did feel the ride was a little off.. I dont know whats causing it and hence dont know what to tell the service center.. below are the few observations I have

1) at any setting( Sport, comfort or auto) the car is very bouncy... there is a lot body movement.. this is not the wheel balancing issue.. i have had all 4 wheel checks more than a few times

2) the car drives straight, yet on highway speed it feels like it drifts and swings side to side.. does not always pull one direction.. this become even more an issue if there is some cross winds, then the front feels like its drifting based on direction of the wind..

For a long time i thought it to be an alignment issue but its been to the service center and they says alignment is fine..

Can you post a picture of your dynamic suspension.

All 4 wheels show compression on mine. But we might not be talking the same thing. If the front is flatlined that sounds wrong and should help pointing it out to service.

Assume you have tried reboot and shutdown.

One other thing I do to “reboot” is change the wheel size ( and then back). That seems to do a “deeper” reboot than the thumb wheels or shutdown.

Can you post a picture of your dynamic suspension.

All 4 wheels show compression on mine. But we might not be talking the same thing. If the front is flatlined that sounds wrong and should help pointing it out to service.

Assume you have tried reboot and shutdown.

One other thing I do to “reboot” is change the wheel size ( and then back). That seems to do a “deeper” reboot than the thumb wheels or shutdown.

I will send you the picture shortly.. but i have in the past tried a reboot and just now set the car to 20 inch wheel .. it did a reset.. will drive it a little before i move it back to 22..