Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New P85 with BEL STi-R, HP Laser Interceptor, Lukas 7900 Cam, Curb Alert

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
it works great so far I've tested it on boxes of various sizes. For $149 its a no brainer to protect your front valance/bumper. The beeps are crisp. Some youtube videos available of the system working. Its a very simple device but works well. Camera would be better.
I am curious to learn if the Curb Alert would work well in the snow. I saw a picture of a rear of a MS and it completely covered the back up camera. Of course, the back end has some weird aerodynamics going on, lol, causing dirt to accumulate there. Just not sure if a front camera or the Curb Alert would run into similar problems.

Inspecting the new Blackvue leads me to believe there won't be a heat issue. Many slots in the body of the camera to dissipate heat. Only time will tell but already no major reports of this model overheating. I have 40% Crystalline Tint.

Thanks but am not worried about it cooking itself. Am worried about 140°F inside the car while parked at work in Alabama during the summer, the kind of thing no amount of vents in the enclosure could resolve.

I am curious to learn if the Curb Alert would work well in the snow. I saw a picture of a rear of a MS and it completely covered the back up camera. Of course, the back end has some weird aerodynamics going on, lol, causing dirt to accumulate there. Just not sure if a front camera or the Curb Alert would run into similar problems.

This is why I had them add a on/off switch to the device.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks but am not worried about it cooking itself. Am worried about 140°F inside the car while parked at work in Alabama during the summer, the kind of thing no amount of vents in the enclosure could resolve.

If it has problems with heat I'll just replace it with the Lukas. So far no reported problems. I'm willing to take a chance and will post if there are any problems. Right now foot of snow on the ground and temp in the Teens so no worries. If you just want front camera just go with Lukas you can always add another brand rear like itronics.