Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New P85D in Colorado Springs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ERP

Ludicrous Member
Apr 17, 2015
Colorado Springs
Just wanted to say hi and see if there are many Tesla owners here from Colorado. I picked up the P85D in early March and have already driven 2,800 miles. It is primarily my wife's daily driver, but I drive it on weekends when we head to Breckenridge. It's nice to have a car which doesn't suffer from altitude power loss. The supercharger in Silverthorne has been great. The car has been tinted and clear bra was added to the front, an absolute necessity for any new car in Colorado. I know there is at least one other P85D in Colorado Springs. My loan officer at ENT wrote his loan as well.

P85D-3.jpg

Here's my daughter enjoying the Frunk

P85D-2.jpg

My fun car is a supercharged Lotus Elise. I make it out to the track about once a month, I've modified it significantly. I picked up a small electric version for my daughter but she still needs to grow into it.

Little%u00252BLotus.jpg

If you are free the morning of May 2nd I highly recommend attending the SCCA sponsored cars and coffee show at First and Main (the Imax theater on Powers). I am going to bring my Elise and P85D. The show is from 8-10 am, staging from 7-8. The show is open to anyone. It would be nice to get a few more Teslas, so PM the other COS member and see if he wants to attend.

Question for the more senior members. How many posts do I need before I can upload an avatar and have a signature? I'm surprised these aren't available to new members. These options are not visible under settings.

I forgot to post this earlier, but I had an electric vehicle before the Tesla. I converted a Honda nighthawk into an electric motorcycle. It used a perm motor, single speed drive train, 4 RV batteries and two on board chargers. It was a fun project but only had a top speed of 45 mph.

Attachments

• 20141013_181945.jpg
    20141013_181945.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 236