TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New P85D in Colorado Springs

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ERP, Apr 20, 2015.

1. ERP

ERP Ludicrous Member

Just wanted to say hi and see if there are many Tesla owners here from Colorado. I picked up the P85D in early March and have already driven 2,800 miles. It is primarily my wife's daily driver, but I drive it on weekends when we head to Breckenridge. It's nice to have a car which doesn't suffer from altitude power loss. The supercharger in Silverthorne has been great. The car has been tinted and clear bra was added to the front, an absolute necessity for any new car in Colorado. I know there is at least one other P85D in Colorado Springs. My loan officer at ENT wrote his loan as well.

P85D-3.jpg

Here's my daughter enjoying the Frunk

P85D-2.jpg

My fun car is a supercharged Lotus Elise. I make it out to the track about once a month, I've modified it significantly. I picked up a small electric version for my daughter but she still needs to grow into it.

Little%u00252BLotus.jpg

2. Panoz

Panoz Member

I just met a Tesla owner in Colorado Springs last Saturday, PM me and I'll see if he wants his location/email shared (he's on this website!). I'd love to see your car, I live in COSprings near UCCS.

3. ERP

ERP Ludicrous Member

If you are free the morning of May 2nd I highly recommend attending the SCCA sponsored cars and coffee show at First and Main (the Imax theater on Powers). I am going to bring my Elise and P85D. The show is from 8-10 am, staging from 7-8. The show is open to anyone. It would be nice to get a few more Teslas, so PM the other COS member and see if he wants to attend.

Question for the more senior members. How many posts do I need before I can upload an avatar and have a signature? I'm surprised these aren't available to new members. These options are not visible under settings.

I forgot to post this earlier, but I had an electric vehicle before the Tesla. I converted a Honda nighthawk into an electric motorcycle. It used a perm motor, single speed drive train, 4 RV batteries and two on board chargers. It was a fun project but only had a top speed of 45 mph.

Attached Files:

4. Panoz

Panoz Member

I have attended that cars & coffee show at the IMAX theater mall many times. I'll make best effort to be there, I was actually wondering when the first show was going to start. I'll look for you!

5. napoleonblownapa

Hi, ERP! I am Panoz's friend. We have a silver 85, I will bring it to IMAX on May 2 but don't want to show it. I will look you up. See you then! Mac

6. Panoz

Panoz Member

Mac - please bring the Model S, you don't have to let anyone near it if you don't want to. No one at any cars & coffee has ever asked to sit in or touch my convertible. The more awareness of Tesla is good!

7. Panoz

Panoz Member

It was a pleasure to meet you, ERP, and your family today. Thanks for bringing both cars the cars & coffee.

8. ERP

ERP Ludicrous Member

It was fun meeting you both on Saturday. I'm looking forward to the Mt Evans drive.

Family car photo.

Car%2BShow.jpg