Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Pack Architecture that is Likely Used in P100D and New TE Products

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What about the pumps in the cooling loop? Increased power/pressure would doubtlessly help.

I hope they do 1 or 2 million Model S before a major change is needed. Citroen DS made for 20 years about 1.5 million produced. Now that would be a way to maximize profits. Aren't great cars worth a couple of million copies being made? Even my Saab 900 they made about 1 million.

Those were two great cars with loads of character, but both marques have exited the upscale automotive business, one rather permanently. You can only milk an icon for so long. And though Tesla can still improve their present models in many ways, they've learned so much in the meantime - and acquired tons of new machinery - that a full redesign would doubtlessly pay dividends in many ways [just as long as they don't monkey with the classical beauty of the Model S].

I do have fond memories of zipping about in different 900 Turbo convertibles, once in the mountains along the Riviera.

Last edited:
So 18650 cell format will probably be around long after Tesla stops using them, which hasn't happened yet, and I suspect won't happen until a major Model S or X manufacturing update. And many, many applications would have no compelling reason to change as the chemistries have always improved the 18650 performance.

I hope they do 1 or 2 million Model S before a major change is needed. Citroen DS made for 20 years about 1.5 million produced. Now that would be a way to maximize profits. Aren't great cars worth a couple of million copies being made? Even my Saab 900 they made about 1 million. Have fun checking out this Wikipedia page, great history.
List of automobile sales by model - Wikipedia

Interesting reading ... I also owned a 1979 Saab Turbo :cool: