TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New Paint Colors?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by passion4audio, Mar 21, 2014.

1. passion4audio

passion4audio member

Just wondering if Tesla plans on coming out with any new paint colors in the near future?

What colors would you like to see?

2. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

A new red like the Fusion Red of the Roadster. :cool:

3. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

I would counter that they need more actual colors and they've already done red twice. Nearly the entire current line is shades of grey.

They currently have (and no offense intended here): white, white, grey, lighter grey, black, basically black, basically black, brown, and red.

I'd like to see some kind of blue (Aston's Cobalt Blue, for example), at least, or maybe a stand-out color like a copper or dark orange.

4. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

@Gizmotoy

You are right but they never made a more shining red like the Fusion Red of the Roadster. For me some kind of blue would be good too.

5. Park2670

Park2670 Member

I would choose a blue as well.

6. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

I used to have a 2000 BMW M-Roadster in Estoril Blue. I think that was a gorgeous color. I'd love to see an S offered in a similar blue.

7. Park2670

Park2670 Member

My last car was a LeMans blue 335d. Loved that color. Id do it again if they offered it.

8. Ames

Ames Member

Hahaha; too true.

I think there is definately room for a few more colours; Since they have so many blacks, I would like to see a tastefully done quartz/purple shade like they have on the Lexus GS and Jags. +1 on the blue. Definately more blue needed, that burnt orange we saw a while back, and maybe a shade of beige or gold.

9. Laurent

Laurent Member

I vote against blue as a new paint color :)

10. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

I would like a lighter green. A bright blue (sorry Laurent, your color is just too beautiful not to share :biggrin:) And a gold color as well. Maybe changing the brown to be a little less bronzey.

I still love my green though, it looks charcoal in some light conditions (very strong light, and very low light) but looks great, and green, plenty often.

11. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Your color is my favorite I think. Hope they do that but just one shade off to keep yours unique.

Lighter green would be great too.

12. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Completely agree. I am hoping that in the future some more "lively" colors will be offered. A dark orange would be awesome!

13. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

I completely agree on the black, basically black, basically black comment. I really wanted something closer to cobalt, lemans, etc. Something that looks blue even if you're not parked outside in the sun at noon.

14. markb1

markb1 Active Member

I'm pretty happy my basically black car.

15. caddieo

caddieo Member

A very light and very pale metallic blue like the shade you see in glaciers.

16. Johan

Johan Took a TSLA bear test. Came back negative.

I would love something like BMW's "champagne" (light goldish beige) for my Model X.

17. SeattleSid

SeattleSid Member

If Tesla's blue were a little lighter, my wife would have insisted on it. Her car is a Miata in "tenth anniversary" blue, really a cobalt blue, and it'd look great on a Model S. The current Tesla blue is nearly black except in really good sun. Looks great that way, though.

18. clmason

clmason Member

Yes, more colors!

And while they are at it, how about a limited edition specialty series with unique design elements (nose cone, trim, badging, seat stitching, etc)?

19. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

My M5 is LeMans Blue. I would give my left arm for a MS in LeMans blue.

And my right arm if they could do the interior the same way (Black/LeMans Blue leather).

:)

Oh, and a few years ago, I used to own a Merc SLK 350 in Caspian Blue. In the end, I really disliked that color, because it looked black most of the time.

Just like my MS. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I really want a lighter/brighter/richer blue. That Aston Cobalt would do, too.

20. DrDave

DrDave Member

Which colors are we getting rid of for the new ones? Brown and Green? Old Blue? Gotta dump some to get new ones.